Friday 2 November 2018

Field Notes Journal

Today I would like to share a journal I created using Eileen Hull's Journal Die combined with my Numbered Botanical A4 Stamp #110 from AALLandCreate. You can find a list of our stockists HERE.
I adored making this journal and I was delighted with how the detail combined so well for this piece. For this piece I decided to stamp my image onto thick white card first and then die cut the journal die pieces from mountboard and I then attached the pieces I wanted to the die cut mountboard pieces.
I added a mica tile to my cover and then stamped the fern once again onto white card and distressed a little with some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink and I then added a couple of layers of Seth Apter's Baked Texture Vintage Beeswax and that really added some wonderful texture to my cut out piece.
I stamped one of my numbers from this stamp set onto one of Tim Holtz wooden pieces and once again coated with a layer of Vintage Beeswax to age a little further.
I added a rusty nail and some splatters of black paint to add a further layer of interest. I also added some machine stitching to the binding and added a few Art Stones for added dimension. I was delighted with how this piece turned out.
 This picture shows the detail on the back of the journal and the added stitching to the spine.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x
This is the stamp used in my journal today and available from our stockists.


AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Your beautiful fern stamp is just perfect for the journal Tracy and I love how you added the mica tile, it looks wonderful! Hugs, Anne xxx

Amanda said...

A fabulous journal cover, I love how it’s black and white with the mica and fern being a neutral contrast. Great make a Tracy
Love
Amanda x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the contrasts of black and white with the amber additions Tracy. This has made a delightful journal xxx

Annie said...

Wonderful details on your beautiful journal Tracy x Love your new stamp releases and I send my apologies for lack of comments but blogger has been playing up and I have been unable to leave comments on certain blogs

Sending my best wishes
Annie xx

Kate Yetter said...

A beautiful journal cover, Tracy!
Kate