Sunday 9 August 2015

Season's Greetings

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
I decided to create a Christmas Card this week with Tim Holtz new Tree Line stamp set combined with PanPastels Permanent Green, Permanent Green Shade and Rich Gold. I die cut a square from scrap paper and then placed the aperture over my card and sponged Permanent Green Pan Pastel over the aperture, adding Permanent Green Shade around the edges. I also added a touch of Rich Gold around the edges of the aperture.
I stamped one of the single trees from Tim Holtz set, stamping with Fern Green Archival Ink but using the second and third generation stamping. I then stamped the tree once again but this time using the first generation stamping.
I placed Tim Holtz Stars Layering Stencil onto the aperture and applied Rich Gold PanPastel over the stars and then removed. I then stamped the Season's Greetings sentiment with Black Archival Ink. I also applied a light spray of fixative over the PanPastels. I also added splatters of Metallic Gold DecoArt Media Acrylic over the background. I added a small drop of Green Gold and Metallic Gold DecoArt Acrylic Paint to a non-stick craft sheet and then ran an old credit card through the paint and added scratchy lines around the square aperture for added interest. I also used a Pitt Pen to add black scribbly lines around the aperture for definition.
I also repeated the stamping and splatters to the inside of the card and I added a touch of gold paint around the edges of my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/

11 comments:

Claire said...

Love the greens and gold together, gorgeous card
Claire xx

JJ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracy, love it. Congratulations on being a guest designer too on Anything But Cute, fabulous creation.

Love & hugs

jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

rachel said...

beautiful stamps and a wonderful make - love it Tracy x

Rita said...

Fabulous card Tracy. Love the effect. Hugs Rita xx

Redanne said...

Love, love, love this Tracy. The trees look so beautiful and I just love those random 'stripes' around the edge, they look amazing and really bring the whole piece together. Hugs, Anne xx

Lou Sims said...

Stunning Christmas and love all the subtle detail you have added. Lou x

A Pink said...

I love cards with trees on especially for christmas and yours is really lovely ! Tracy . So simple with a touch of elegance . Only about 20 more Saturdays to go lol

Pamellia said...

Stunning Tracy!! I love all the shades of green used together like this, it's so festive and perfect for the tree images! The distressed lines around your frame work so well, just beautiful! hugs :)

Anna-Karin said...

This is gorgeous Tracy!! Love the frame around the trees. I am waiting for my new Tim Holtz stamps.

Unknown said...

OH, Tracy! This is a wonderful Christmas card! Look at you go--Christmas creating in August!! Very inspiring indeed!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Gorgeous Tracy, love the layered stamping and fabulous colour palette,can't wait to get that stamp!