Thursday 20 August 2015

Wander without a reason or purpose.

I am showcasing the Wander and Dream stamp set from Artistic Outpost today.
To begin I cut three layers of card, placed each layer together, holding in place with low tack tape. I die cut a circle from white paper, removed the circle and placed the aperture onto the white card. I die cut a small circle of scrap paper and placed that into the aperture, to act as a mask.  I tore a piece of scrap paper lengthways placed this piece onto the aperture and sponged Wild Honey Distress Ink over the edges. I then removed the torn paper and moved it up the aperture, inking as I went along. I repeated this process until I had what appear like mountains in the background of the aperture. I then removed the circular die cut piece and lightly sponged a touch of ink over the circle. With the three layers of card still in place I placed the Rays Layering Stencil onto the layers of card and sponged Distress Ink over the stencil, adding ink over the three pieces of card. I used Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and a touch of Fired Brick. I repeated these steps on both sides of the card, I then removed the stencil and separated the three layers and matted each piece onto a piece of black card, leaving a very narrow border.
I stamped the cactus into the aperture using Potting Soil Archival Ink and I added the sentiment also stamped with Archival Ink.
I love how the stencilled rays blend over the three pieces of card. For added interest I also included delicate splatters of paint to the background.
I die cut a small suitcase from white card, crumpled the die cut to add creases and then coloured with Distress Inks, adding more depth of colour to the creases to add to the aged feel. I then stamped the focal image onto the suitcase using Potting Soil Archival Ink. I also added the sentiment DREAM BIG along with a Remnant Rub.
I die cut two layers of the suitcase and adhered them together to make a dimensional suitcase.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


8 comments:

gwen70 said...

Stunning card, love it

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful layering and masking of the sun scene and I absolutley LOVE that little suitcase!! Julia xx

Val said...

Fabulous work, love all those layers, and how the colours blend so well. Val xx

Redanne said...

Just one word - Stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

The colours epitomise the heat of the desert landscape and I have to say that I am so taken with that suitcase, what an absolutely brilliant idea!
Wishes
Lynne

Deb said...

Wonderful Trace, fabulous effects with the layering and love your delicately coloured 'mountains', great technique! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card! Deb xo

Words and Pictures said...

This really captures a sense of wide open spaces and soaring temperatures out West.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

LOVE this card, Tracy!! That little suitcase is soooo awesome!! It truly looks like it's been on a wander or two in its lifetime! :) Just a fabulous creation!! XOXO-Shari