Monday 3 August 2015

Artistic Outpost Product Focus

Morning all, time for our monthly PRODUCT FOCUS with Artistic Outpost.
This month we are focusing on imagery from the VERSES/GREETINGS category. I created a background using a Spin Art machine, a children's toy (a technique inspired by the fabulous Hermine who used this children's toy a few weeks back), a simple and inexpensive piece of kit that makes fabulous backgrounds.
I stamped the two children from the Think and Wonder stamp set and added touches of colour with Distress Markers.
I combined the focal image with the fabulous sentiment from the Chalkboard Wisdom stamp set, perfect when combined with the focal image.
I also added the focal image to the inside of the card along with a few delicate paint splatters.

My fellow team members also have some artwork to inspire you further:-

Tracy (me)
 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


11 comments:

A Pink said...

A lovely card Tracy with those gorgeous stamps . love the colours you used for ya spin art - I see alot of people trying out that toy at the mo - if my memory serves me well i had one as a child and had great fun with it . lol

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love how yours turned out! Fab fun!

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Tracy, gorgeous!! I don't know what a Spin Art machine is, but I'm thinking I need one! HA! Love the colours, what a stunning background and completely unique!! hugs :)

Amanda said...

Brilliant Tracy love it, Hermine gave me the bug too
Love
Amanda x

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful Spin Art background (I haven't used one of those since a day at the carnival MANY years ago where they had a spin art booth!) love the split sentiment on this!

Redanne said...

How fantastic to use a Spin Art toy to make your fabulous background, it really does look amazing! The children are from my most favourite AO set and they look wonderful against the background. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Terry said...

Oh I love that Spin Art background and the AO girls with that sentiment look fabulous standing in front of it! Wonderful Card!

Yvonne Garner said...

Love it! Starting to see spin art everywhere. Found one on Amazon! Brings back childhood memories!

Unknown said...

OMG! I had one of those spin-art machines as a kid!! And a spirograph! So much fun--who knew I was creating art back then!! :) :) I completely love this card, Tracy :) :) It's a trip down memory lane with those vintagey kids, but with a modern art flair! So fun and Totally You!! XOXO-Shari

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous blues and greens - and I do wish the pair of them luck as they head into the vortex of life!! Fab card.
Alison xx

Deb said...

Tracy, what a fabulous card, your words and images work perfectly together and what an great idea to use the spirograph for the background, will have to go and scope out second hand shops to see if I can find an old one!