Wednesday 26 August 2015

Artistic Outpost Blog Hop

Time for our monthly blog hop with Artistic Outpost and this month the theme is "Designers Choice".
I am showcasing one of my all time favourite stamp sets, Birds of a Feather which I have set against an inky background. I applied Distress Inks Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, and Pine Needles to a heart stencil and then spritzed with water and pressed the stencil onto the white card and dabbed with a piece of kitchen towel which I then dried with a heat tool. I repeated the same process to one of the hearts.
I die cut two hearts from white card and stamped the bird image from the Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather stamp set onto the heart with Potting Soil Archival Ink to give a vintage feel to the piece. I also added a touch of background stamping using the background stamp from Ephemera Background stamp set, stamped with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to give a tone on tone effect. I also added some natural twine, token and a small rose for added interest and dimension.
I stamped the birds head only onto the second heart and once again added touches of background stamping but this time with Potting Soil Archival Ink. I also added 'feather' part of the sentiment from the same set.
I added a touch of shading with Distress Inks around each heart and added Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges for definition. I also included the sentiment from the Birds of a Feather stamp set.
My fellow team members have also created artwork to inspire you further along the blog hop.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



10 comments:

Redanne said...

You always use this stamp set so beautifully Tracy, I love the gorgeous background you created for the birds, the colours are a delight! Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful, Tracy! I love the green heart stencil in the background and your elegant framing around the edges. So pretty!
Kate

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love the birds and hearts! You are always so clever GF!

Terry said...

Tracy, the birds and hearts are just gorgeous! I love that stenciled background! Beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful stenciling on this - love the green and brown colors you used Tracy! Julia xx

Unknown said...

LOVE this card, Tracy!! Love your monoprint background and love those hearts!! Your embellies of that darling rose and typed token are perfect! You never cease to amaze me with your creations, Tracy!! XOXO-Shari

Words and Pictures said...

This is glorious, Tracy - love the stencil print background and the birds look wonderful on the hearts.
Alison xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic, Tracy !
Corrie x

Annie said...

A gorgeous card Tracy and I love the colour palette. Stunning birds and hearts with the twine setting it off

Tfs and best wishes
Annie x

Deb said...

Gorgeous Tracy, love your background and colour palette and those lovely birds silhouetted on the hearts. Thanks so much for sharing! Deb xo