Thursday 13 August 2015

Springtime Joy

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost; this week I am using the fabulous Springtime stamp set.

I was aiming for a clean fresh feel to this weeks card using subtle tones of blue ink; in this case Broken China Distress Ink.
I die cut a circle from a piece of white card 4.5" x 6.5", placing the circle over the edge of the card and then running through my die cutting machine.  I wanted to use this aperture area to showcase my sentiment which has been stamped onto a smaller circle and shaded with Broken China Distress Ink.
I added clouds to the background, adding only a touch of Broken China Ink. I also added some random machine stitching and delicate splatters of paint to the background; I wanted to add layers of interest but nothing too overpowering as I wanted the clouds to be clearly visible.
I stamped the focal image with Black Archival Ink, masked off the image and then added the fence behind. I also machine stitched around the card for added texture.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x


11 comments:

Sue said...

This is wonderful Tracy, I love your clouds xx

A Pink said...

Love the delicate feel of this card ! Tracy and those clouds are lovely . I think its my fave of all the cards ya've made with this image .

Pamellia said...

Stunning colour combo and the black stitching works so well! (seems great minds really do think alike) haha! Beautiful card Tracy, love your work masking the stamps! hugs :)

Karenliz Henderson said...

So so beautiful.

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful.
Julie xx

Unknown said...

So precious and lovely Tracy. j.

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous card, especially love the stitching !
Corrie x x

Redanne said...

The colours are so subtle and showcase the children and that wonderful sentiment so well! I love how you did the fluffy clouds and the stitching looks fantastic... Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

I like this clean look and the composition is also so appealing, especially the use of the cut away circle.
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy!! So sorry that I'm just catching up with you now! I can't ever not come by and swoon over your cards!! You have completely captured the clean & fresh feel you were going for :) I love the stitching and the background of dreamy clouds! All so lovely and you know how I love those darling children :) :) I'll be catching up with all of your creative wonderfulness this weekend! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Mary Elizabeth said...

What an adorable card Tracy. Love your layout and those stamps are divine.-- Mary Elizabeth