Monday 4 March 2019

Sketched Happiness

Today I am showcasing my newly released A6 Stamp, Sketched Happiness #177 from AALLandCreate. All the new products are available from our Stockists listed HERE.
There is something about red in a design, I love how it pops agains an inky or painted backdrop. Here I have created a brayered background, adding lots of layers of paint to give depth to the background.
A touch of stencilling in the background adds further layres of interest along with some delicate splatters of white paint.
I stamped the flowers onto a red painted background, cut them out and then added them to my card, adding a couple of stitched threads to act as stems.

I cut out two pots and added the sentiment 'Happiness' which I stapled into place. I added two gold beads to the centre of my flowers for added interest and dimension.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I agree Tracy the red pops beautifully over that gorgeous green background you created, this is stunning. I am so loving all your fabulous stamps and the samples you put together with them, huge congratulations on another glorious design xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I absolutely adore this Tracy you have teamed up those colours with perfection. This is yet again another set that will become a go to selection, I could imagine having a batch making day creating flowers in many many colours. Now wouldn't that be a fabulous play day.
I always think layered flowers show so much more strength on DL shaped cards.
Thank you for sharing this magnificent design.
Hugs Tracey xx

Redanne said...

Well, you know that red is my favourite colour and so these red blooms are absolutely gorgeous and they look wonderful on the beautiful painted and stencilled background you created... love this so much! Hugs, Anne xx

Jo Rice said...

I adore your use of colour Tracy, your flowers certainly do pop, In fact they Snap, Crackle and Pop....
Fabulous depth in your background too...hope you are having a lovely week...hugs Jo. xxx