Tuesday 12 October 2010

Warrior Women Blog Hop

Sherry Goodloe has been fighting the biggest fight of her life battling breast cancer and as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, the Pink Ribbon Warrior Team are holding a blog hop.  The team are celebrating the healing journey of their dear friend Sherry who is recovering from recent surgery and has thankfully just been told that she does not need to have chemo or radiation, which is absolutely FANTASTIC news.  Sherry is the official Warrior Woman Muse for the hop.

Why not pop along and visit the team below and join in the blog hop.

The Pink Ribbon Warrior Women Blog Team are:-
Ellen Vargo
Jennie: The Artistic Stamper
Judy Wood
Linda Ledbetter
Nancy Crissinger 
Sharon Sutton
Tracy Jacobs
Hels Sheridan

The team are also offering some blog candy if you create a piece of art to honour each and every person who has, is or ever will fight the battle against cancer.  You leave your contribution at the Warrior Women Blog Hop Flickr Gallery.  Let's all join in with this fantastic hop.

I decided to create a little something as my Mother-in-Law won the battle against breast cancer, quite a few years ago, and this hop made me think just how courageous she and many others are in the fight against cancer.  
Whilst I was at Port Sunlight at the weekend, Jennie from The Artistic Stamper gave me this angel and asked "if there was anything I could do with it" and when I saw this blog hop I thought what better way to use an angel.  Must admit I did have to think a while to create something appropriate.  My thoughts are with all those fighting the battle.  Tracy x x

9 comments:

Artyjen said...

Fabulous! Great use of the angel :) Will be getting my thinking cap on shortly and joining in
xoxo Sioux

Linda Ledbetter said...

Tracy, this is an incredible work of art, and a lovely tribute to your Warrior Woman mother-in-law! Congratulations to her for winning her battle, and to you for creating such beauty!

donna said...

What a wonderful tribute you have created. So quick too. I like your angel shape and how you attached the ribbon and all your words and the big crown. I like it all. I am still thinking about what to do.

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely piece Tracy - really conveys the power of the message.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

How gorgeous is this :) and thankl you for joining in the fight :))
xx

Rika said...

What a wonderful piece!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great piece Tracy,and for such a wonderful cause x

cheryl said...

oh tracey hun this is totally amazing,really a unique piece of art,love what you have created for such a wonderful cause,hugs cheryl x

Zue said...

Well done, Tracy, your art work is very touching!
Your mother-in-law certainly was and is courageous.
I especially think we owe alot to the nurses who care for people who are struggling with this battle. The Marie Curie and McMillan nurses are to be commended and supported and my vote goes to them.
They are very happy to receive cards which they can sell on...........we could all take batches of cards to their local charity shops...just an idea.
Sue xxx