Sunday 3 October 2010

Vintage Canvas

For my next DT piece I have created a vintage canvas again using the Collections Elements range, this time my focus has been the bodice.
The bodice have been decorated with the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Collection paper, which is absolutely gorgeous and really adds to that vintage feel.  I have sponged the edges with DI Antique Linen and added string and buttons.
I have added Tim's Ransom Alphabet Masks to the canvas to make the word VINTAGE and sponged over the letters with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers Aqua and Mushroom and then removed the mask and added a little more Mushroom acrylic to the letters to tone them down a little and to add to the vintage feel.  A Tattered Floral has been added, cut from Bazzil card and an old hymn book and a button added to the centre.
An Ornate Plate has been added, coloured with Aqua Paint Dabber and the word vintage added to the centre along with one of Tim's new pearl Baubles added as a dangle, these are absolutely gorgeous and as this one looked just like a large pearl I thought it was ideal for my vintage piece.

To complete my piece I have added some tape measure ribbon and some buttons.

I would also like to submit this piece for the Sunday Stamper challenge which this week Hels is challenging us all to use STRING in our art.  I have used string in some of the bottons and around my bodice pieces.

Lots To Do challenge also has a theme of VINTAGE so I am also submitting this piece for their challenge too. 

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

19 comments:

Helen said...

Wonderful canvas, love the images.

Sue said...

LOVELY! I really like the way the paper image sits on the bigger of the dress forms.

Netty said...

This is totally fabulous Tracy, such a brilliant canvas x

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful work love how you used those papers, the tape and buttons are just inspired. Thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do. xx Zoe

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Tracy, this is my absolute favourite!!!! I love the blue vs natural tones, the masking and the vintage bodices. And the buttons! Oh, and the tape!!! Love absolutely everything!!!! xxx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! Tracy--I love love love it! I love these colors together--and the vintage feel:) Great job! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT:)

Zue said...

This is wonderful Tracy. I love the colours and all the elements are gorgeous together. It will be amazing on a wall or mantlepiece.

You have been busy!!!!

Have a great day

Sue xxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Perfect stamps for the dress forms, wonderful vintage card!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous canvas!! Love the colour combination and all the embellies you have used, especially the dress-forms :)

Jan x

Lynne Phelps said...

Love the soft aqua and white mixed with the vintage tan and brown/black! Wonderful composition and I love the wonderful mix of elements!

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabby lush gorgeous piece of aRt Tracy, thanks for joinin in with the SUnday sTamper x

Lizzybobs said...

loving this hun lthe colours you have used just compliment the papers so well thanks for sharing with us - re Happy Stampers the ticket is yours if you could email me on liz.smith7@btopenworld.com thanks

Elaine said...

Love the brown blue colours and all the details on the piece. Great!

Neet said...

Love the colours you have chosen for this - it is a lovely work of art for displaying on your wall. The balance, colours and images are just perfect.

Juls said...

I just cant begin to tell you just how much I love this!!!! Love sewing images, and the colour combo is just brilliant and I totally love the the whole vintage feel you have created! Hugs Juls

crafty creations said...

Wow !!! what a stunning piece you hace created - love the images, the way you've used the papers and the perfect embellishments

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Jaqi said...

Love this , that bodice is a fab shape , bet that could be used for lots of projects. Love it when you get a good shape like that . Colour is very pretty too.

Oxana said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous canvas!!!

Fiona said...

this is really soft and pretty :)