Friday 15 October 2010

Blue Christmas

The picture above is our inspiration over at The Play Date Cafe, the colours being beige, pale blue and pale mint-ish green, I love the leaf in this picture.
I have created a couple of Christmas cards for the challenge, this one is using a bauble stamp from Penny Black stamped with DI antique linen and tumbled glass.   I have hand stitched around the edge with pale blue thread and added three fragments and some tissue tape to the edge.
I have used the same stamp for my second card but this time used DI tumbled glass and shabby shutters although due to the poor light it looks more beige than pale green ish.  I have created the background with DI inks and spritzing with water.  I have added beige thread, fragment and Officially Winter sentiment.
My final piece uses a glass bauble and an Inkadinkado collage stamp, I have added cloudy blue alcohol ink to the edges of the glass piece.  A fragment has been added to the bauble which has then been mounted onto a  piece of corrugated card and hand stitched around the edges.  I have also drawn around the bauble onto shrink plastic adding the same image to each piece.  The collage has been stamped onto white card with tumbled glass ink and I have cut out some of the text individually and added to the card. 

I am also adding these pieces to The Compendium of Curiosities challenge where the challenge this week is FRAGMENT CHARMS.  For the technique you need to turn to page 64 of the book.  Pop over to Linda's place and check out all the details.  Tracy xx

18 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

I love all three of these Tracy, especially the last one. I'd never think to use these colours for Christmas but they work brilliantly! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :)

Basement Stamper said...

Absolutely adore that 2nd card, the colors are so nice and soft and the bauble is perfect.

Netty said...

Totally gorgeous Tracy and I know Linda is going to absolutely adore your fragments they are beautiful. Have a great weekend, Annette x

cheryl said...

oh loveing all of these hun brilliant designs,and colors hugs cheryl xxx

MarleneMAZ said...

Great cards! love that ornament you made on the 2nd card.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

These are fab Tracey!
The colour combo looks so good on Christmas cards!
Love 'em all, especially the second card!

Jan x

Juls said...

all the cards are gorgeous!! love the blue and cream together!! hugs Juls

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful cards AND colours, Tracy. Love them all but especially the second one.

Ruby said...

Love your creations Tracy, the last one is my favourite, that bauble is fab! Thanks for joining in with the fun this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Yelowflower said...

they all turned out lovely...hope mine is half that good.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Tracy, what a treat to see more of your gorgeous holiday art this week! You've really made some magic with those glass baubles, not the mention the lovely fragment charms.

Your interpretation for the leaf is wonderful-- you really made that your own, but stayed true to the inspiration. It's always a joy to see what you come up with!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning Holiday cards using this weeks colors! My fav is the glass baubble! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Love all of these!!! Once again love that you created three beautiful pieces to look at. Love seeing the different techniques too! Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

Lynne Phelps said...

I love the way you used this unlikely color scheme to make Christmas cards! They are lovely, that collage ornament stamp is so cool, and the bauble cards are lovely!

Lori said...

These are all stunning Tracy. I love using blue for Christmas, really gives that "cool" effect! lol!

Nigel said...

Fantastic cards, love the subtle effects of the colour blends.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderful projects, Tracy! Love all the glorious details and super use of our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I just can't pick a fav....I love all three--love the three tags on the first card...and the third card has a beautiful ornament! I love it:) That second card....oh oh oh!! LUSH! Great job (as always!!). Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!