Friday 22 October 2010

Bright & Cheery

Is our challenge this week over at The Play Date Cafe.  Our inspiration this week is the photograph below, lovely bright cheery colours to celebrate The Play Date Cafe's 1st Anniversary.  Congratulations to Julie and all the team.
I began my piece for this challenge with a piece of watercolour paper and acrylic paints.  I added a blob of each colour to the paper and blended them with a baby wipe to create my background piece.
I used this piece for my background to this card and stamped all my images onto the remainder and added them to the card.  I have used the Paperbag Studios Doodles & Daters sheet and added Glossy Accents to the heart.  My flower is created using the Artisitic Stamper Flower Power Sheet.  Home Is Where The Heart Is was simply created on my computer, printed and sponged with DI Victorian Velvet.  I would also like to enter this card into the WEDNESDAY STAMPER challenge which is to use hearts in your artwork. I was left with quite a large piece of coloured watercolour paper so thought I would also create another simple card rather than let it go to waste.
I may have another play with these colours as I really enjoyed getting messy with my acrylics.  The Play Date Cafe has some fantastic prizes on offer this week to celebrate their 1st Anniversary and pieces of art being added daily to stimulate your creative juices, why not join in the fun.

I have also created a card for the Compendium of Curiosities challenge which is also cheery.  This week Linda has challenged us to create a piece using the Dabber Resist technique, page 37 in the book for the instructions re the technique.
I have used a text stamp for the Dabber Resist technique and DI fired brick for the stamping and the background piece.
The poinsettia stamp and papers are from Memory Box, all available from THE STAMP ATTIC.  Have a great weekend.  Tracy x x

32 comments:

Lori said...

Very Cheery! (Almost wrote cherry there, lol!) Love the flowers and I really like the colors! Well done!

Hanne said...

Really beautiful cards!

Paul B said...

Brilliant cards. Love the flower on the first one and the cut-out text. Px

Anonymous said...

amazing cards, that background is lovely, well done Tracy x

Yelowflower said...

those backgrounds are great!!

MarleneMAZ said...

Great cards! I love your piece for the dabber resist technique, it worked really well.

Ruby said...

Lovely cards Tracy! I love both, but especially the first one. I often forget to just print out my own sentiments, must remember to do that! Thanks for joining in our celebration at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards - FAB use of this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Maria said...

Wow, lovely cards! Really love that house and heart on the first card...great job!!!

Lori Saul said...

Very beautiful cards with lovely use of elements and attention to details. Your blog is a wonder. Thank you for your visit and kind comment on my blog!

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely cards, I am especially drawn to your WS house and heart card, super details!
oxo

Suzanne C said...

Love all your projects but you really worked wonder with the house and hearts from paperbag studio. Beautiful! Glad you joined us again this week at the PDCC!

Riet Harikini said...

Beautiful work, I love it.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Tracy,
Your work is so beautiful!! And I am no. 99 of your followers--so I think you'll reach 100 this weekend!! How exciting is that??? Wow!!
XO

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

The PDDC colours really work for Tracy, the "homely" card is just gorgeous! And the Christmas pieces just as stunning!

Pam said...

Very pretty Christmas card!

Roberta said...

Very beautiful cards.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Love the colour scheme you got to work with, and I love the cards you created, esp. the first one.

Jan x

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful cards love the dabber resist one .
Marilyn

Hermine said...

Gorgeous artwork

Nigel said...

I like these, and that's my kind of christmas card :)

Julie Ranae said...

I just LOVE what you did with these colors, Tracy...those Paperbag Studios stamps go so well with just about any colors, don't they?!! Sure glad to have you celebrate with us this week in The Cafe.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I can tell you like these colors. And each card is so different. And I didn't even realize that was a Christmas card until I studied it closer! Great idea.

I was told to ask you (since you are a horticulturist) if you know what the flowers are that I showed in my Friday post. If you have a chance to pop by, here is the post:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2010/10/inspiration-avenue-challenge-harvest.html

Thanks in advance.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Tracy, you always make such gorgeous cards! Your dabber resist piece is nothing short of sensational! The colors are lovely-- what a great use of tone-on-tone, and the design with the sweet little bird is wonderful. I love how you carried the background theme through to panel on the right. Beautiful!

Your vibrant flower-themed cards are fabulous, too! As always, you've given us a such a visual feast. :-)

LivArtNow said...

That's such gorgeous cards!! Love the heart and flower and of course the colours :)

Hearts and smiles,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Tracy! You always inspire me! x

Andrea Ewen said...

Great project, Tracy! Love the Paperbag Studios stamps and the elegant second set of cards! Super work! Thanks for playing along with our special 1 year anniversary celebration at the Play Date Cafe!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful pieces with many lovely details, specially the heart card is my favorite.
Hugs Anja from germany

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!! Just so many gorgeous creations!! Love the home card!! your second creation is fab too..I love the script detail on the background and the swirl detail on the bird! fabulous!! Hugs Juls

WW said...

I love the backgrounds.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, TRACY!! These creations are perfect for the PDCC color story! LOVE IT:) I love those three flowers--so fun! You are the best--thanks for playing along with us weekly!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at PDCC and joining in the fun of our one year anniversary celebration!!!

ps...I just picked out your prize--and it is BIGGER than I was originally going to send (since I am sooooo late! I am sending you a whole set! I think you like it!! Do you have many Unity stamps? Just making sure it isn't a repeat--let me know and I will send something else!). HOOOORAY:)

Sarah Anderson said...

Tracy these are fab! The house and heart one is my favourite! Congrats on your unity win - you'll love them, I love the ones Sav sent me!