Monday 11 October 2010

Tea & Humour

Over at Oh Alice this week we are challenged to use tea bag folding in our artwork, well that's where I struggled, I have never done any tea bag folding before mainly because it's not really my cup of tea, oh sorry could not resist it LOL.   However, I put my thinking cap on and added a little of my sense of humour and came up with a card which I am hoping the team at Oh Alice will let me get away with!!
I went downstairs into the kitchen and proceeded to empty a couple of my tea bags of tea so that I could actually use the empty bags, I know, I know, the things I will do to enter a challenge LOL.   Anyway I have scrunched and folded slightly my empty tea bags (well that does count as tea bag folding don't you think), coloured with ink and added a clock to the centre of the bags.
The image is from an Oxford Impressions sheet which I have coloured with DI and I have added a piece of metal embossed with clocks that I have sanded and coloured with alcohol inks.  Just hope this passes now for the challenge LOL.  I had great fun making it if nothing else.

I am also entering this piece for The Simon Says Stamp and Show some METAL in your artwork.

Enjoy your day,  Tracy x x

12 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love your teabag folding! LOL Such a fun idea
xoxo Sioux

Sue said...

OOHhh the things some people think they can get away with LOL personally I think it's a great idea....you know me, stretch the idea as much as possible!!

Zue said...

I love it and I am sure you will get away with it.

Funny how great minds think alike.
I have just made a tea bag, made it yesterday, but not for this challenge...anyway, if you can get away with it, then so might I.
HOw amusing..funny old world
Sue xx

Zue said...

Hi again, Tacy.
Forgot to say the card is fantastic.. all that detail...is it embossed or did you attach those elements to the page?
Sue xx

Helen said...

Cheeky get round - I would have had to do the same; I've never tea bag folded either! Love it though.

Lynne Phelps said...

Hey, it looks like teabag folding to me!!!! Wonderful project. The colors are wonderful and that embossed metal background is FAB!!! You are such an enabler - now I ***NEED*** that Kabuka mold, LOL!!! Sure hope you are also submitting this to The Altered Alice! You can use the linky thing on the submit page. I love it! :-)

And of course, thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

The Mad Hatter is by far my favorite Alice in Wonderland character!! Fabulous work with this card!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant really love what you have created,here he he love the tea bag worked a treat hugs cheryl x

Vixykins said...

Hehe now that's creative teabag folding!! Great piece of artwork x

U should have come and given me a nudge at port sunny, maybe next time ;)

Emma said...

Ohh I love the fact that you actually used tea bags! Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us over at Oh Alice!

Juls said...

love love love this!!!!!!! gorgeous image,, I love all your layering and the little clock detail is just fabulous! Hugs Juls

Kat said...

love all your layers,
don't you just love that clock mould,
Kathleen