Sunday 21 October 2012

Traditional Christmas

A further example showcasing the fabulous Teresa Collins CHRISTMAS COTTAGE designer pad and coordinating STAMP SET from The Stamp Attic.
I've gone for a very traditional feel to my Christmas card this week as I feel these papers lend themselves to this look perfectly. The numbered paper in the background is perfect for the countdown to Christmas and gives a perfect backdrop for my tree. I have blended a little aged mahogany Distress Ink on the edges of my papers to give a very coordinated look. I stamped the text/tree image three times onto a piece of paper from the designer pack using maroon and olive archival inks.
I wanted to add a little dimension to my tree and make the central tree the focal image of my card. I have stamped the image four times onto papers from the Christmas Cottage designer pad, blending aged mahogany around all the edges.  I have adhered each layer together, scoring in the centre of the trees and folding in half to give a little movement to my piece.
The sentiment also from the Christmas Cottage stamp set has been stamped onto a piece of paper from the designer pack with black archival ink, applying gold Paint Dabber to the edges. For a little more interest and dimension I have also included Mini Numerals, again coloured with gold Paint Dabber.
I have added a pot to my central tree, cut from mountboard, coloured with aged mahogany Distress Ink. I stamped 25 with black archival ink and covered with clear embossing powder. I added three layers of embossing powder and then placed in the freezer for a couple of minutes and then bent a little to crack.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x




8 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours and design Tracy. Love the tree.
Happy Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xox

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Lovely christmas card Tracy! And the freezer crack effect is so clever!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Anonymous said...

The pot is wonderful with the 25 and that crackle.
A wonderful card, love the colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Love the tree stamp in triplicate - across the card, and in the dimensional one in the middle! Lovely trad colours, but with that slightly muted shabby look. And your frozen pot is a really fun touch!
Alison x

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous and very elegant card

Annie said...

Hi Tracy x fabulous creation. Wonderful layers and brilliant pot

Hugs Annie x

hazel said...

A brilliant card Tracy, I love the tree and the cracked pot.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne C said...

The honeycomb tree is so pretty! Love the calender backdrop. Pretty!