Sunday 7 October 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Over the next few weeks I will be showcasing the Teresa Collins CHRISTMAS COTTAGE designer pad and coordinating stamp set CHRISTMAS COTTAGE CLEAR STAMPS. For my first piece I decided on a traditional Christmas Card using both the papers and the stamp set.
I decorated a 6" x 6" piece of card with strips of paper from the designer pad and then blended aged mahogany Distress Ink around the outside edges.
As you can see from my stamp set above the images include text in a tree shape, which I decided this time around would be the main focus of my card.
I wanted to give the tree more interest, texture and dimension so I decided to use Stampendous Frantage Aged Hunter Embossing Enamel. I stamped my image onto mountboard and then cut out the triangular shape. I added VersaMark ink to the mountboard to give the enamel something to stick to and then sprinkled the shape with the enamel and heated with my heat tool until melted. I applied two layers of enamel and then stamped my image into the enamel whilst hot. I love the deep impression and the interest this gives to the stamped image.  I also added a pot for my tree again cut from mountboard and decorated with enamel. To add a few highlights I added silver Paint Dabber to the raised areas.
I cut 25 from mountboard using the Vintage Noel Bigz Die and then applied the Frantage Aged Hunter Embossing Enamel to each number. I coloured the edges of each number with gold Paint Dabber to give a professional finish.  For further interest I also added a little festive foliage to the top to act as my star. Merry Christmas has been stamped onto white card with black archival ink and sponged with a little aged mahogany.
The gift tag is also from the same stamp set and has been stamped onto white card with black archival ink and again coloured with a little aged mahogany to blend with my background colours. For added dimension I have also included a Christmas Muse Token.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until the next time, Tracy x






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card Tracy. All the textures are fantastic. S x

Netty said...

Terrific card Tracey and love your fab embossed tree, x

Sandy said...

Amazing tree and the card is wonderful.
Love the colors and embossing tree.
Great work.
xoxo

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a great card Tracy! Love the layers in the background and the texture is just fab! Have a lovely Sunday :) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

The stamped enamel tree looks just fantastic! I love the striped paper background too...
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

The tree is fantastic, love the colours and the textures you have created on the tree, just yummy! A great make, hugs trace. X

Julia Dunnit said...

Well you're up and running with Christmas for sure, this is fab!

Barb Cady said...

I love this, the tree looks amazing, fabulous card Tracy. x

Brenda Brown said...

The tree is superb Tracy, perfect for the focal point and fabulous embossed with the text stamp. The papers are pretty and altogether you have created a wonderful card.
Hope you have had a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Amazing technique! This is gorgeous! xxD

Suzanne C said...

LOVE that textured tree! So cool. Beautiful holiday card. The strips of paper in the background is lovely.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The tree is amazing!!!! I can't stop staring at it! Gorgeous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the embossed tree!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card....love the tree!!!

Alison said...

Stunning card Tracy! I love the tree! Stamping into UTEE is one of my fave techniques.
Alison x

Michelle Webb said...

This is wonderful, how did I miss this! I was toying with the idea of using some UTE powder with my next project. I love the tree, and the card. Michelle x