Tuesday 2 October 2012

ALL HALLOWS' EVE

Time for Artistic Outpost October REFERRAL CHALLENGE and this month it's anything goes using any of your Artistic Outpost images.
I've used the newly released GOTHIC 31 plate this time around to create my Halloween card. I stamped my background with the web using vintage photo Distress Ink and then added the small skull using black and monarch orange archival inks, blending rusty hinge Distress Ink over the top.
I added some rusty wire and staples to the outside of my card to give a little more interest and texture. My large skull has been decorated with metal foil tape using Tim's riveted patchwork technique which you can find in A Compendium Of Curiosities Volume ll. The sentiment is also from the same plate and has been stamped with black archival ink, colouring with rusty hinge Distress Ink adding black soot to the edges.
I stamped the vine from the GOTHIC 31 plate onto the metal using black StazOn and added a dimensional heart and metal wings.  For a little more interest I added a Chitchat sticker and tiny skull to the heart, colouring with rusty hinge Distress Ink. My wings have been coloured with Alcohol Inks.
I added a Placquette again coloured with Alcohol Inks and trick or treat using Chitchat stickers.
There is a fabulous prize on offer if you enter, a great excuse to get out your Artistic Outpost images and get creative!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x





10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wooohoooo...
This is Absolutely unique.
Great metal skull.
xoxo

Michelle Webb said...

WOWeee, I totally love this Tracy, that skull is such a great idea, and I love the ivy stamp on it. The riveted eyes, nose and teeth are a genius idea, not to mention the 31 plaque placed in the most perfect spot. You are such an inspiration Tracy you come up with the most inventive ideas. I love it. Michelle x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous use of techniques to create a Halloween masterpiece. Love it.
hugs {brenda} xox

Words and Pictures said...

Your Halloween projects are so full of inventive fun... fantastic riveted metal skull, and the background is fab! Love the tiny staples too...
Alison x

Anonymous said...

So many interesting ideas none more so than that impressive skull!
Also love the stitched border and the heart placed on the skull.
WOW so much for the eye to see.
Wishes
Lynne

Barb Cady said...

Sooo clever to use tje metal technique this way, another spookilishious card! x

Lisa Somerville said...

Cool Halloween piece Tracy! Love the added/stamped metal skull and how you used the small skulls to create your BG!

Paula Whittaker said...

great card packed full of interest. I love using rusty wire like that with the staples too.

Anonymous said...

What a FUN and clever card!!! Love how you have the string stapled around the edge......too cool!!!!

Martina said...

Love, love, love this, Tracy! Look so great.