Friday 12 October 2012

Just Because.....

..... I wanted a bit of fun. I have been following the Andy Skinner Timeworn Workshop and I would highly recommend taking the course, the techniques are fabulous.  As part of the course we are invited to submit a final piece using some of the techniques. I have not created something just for me for ages so I decided to have some fun and create a fun SPOOKY piece.
My inspiration came from a horror movie, Hellraiser. If any of you have seen the movie you will remember there is a huge wooden piece where heads, bodies etc are embedded in the piece. I know I have lost the plot, my husband thinks I am mad! I have used two of my favourite techniques in this piece from Andy Skinner's workshop, the aged ivory technique and dry brush rust.
I adhered two chunky ATC's together and then added lots of texture paste and embedded my pieces into the paste, messy but great fun.
I used the aged ivory technique on this skull and added him to a spooky hand adding a few nails here and there to add to the aged feel.
I have added a a skeleton and a few skulls and faux rivets and then used the dry brush rust technique which is my absolute favourite technique at the moment.
On the side of my piece I added some spooky fabric that my friend Candy sent to me, in fact Candy sent me most of the bits and pieces I have used on this piece, THANK YOU Candy. I love the texture the fabric gives and it really adds to that spooky feel.
On the reverse I have added yet more skulls, adding BOO to the largest one along with more nails and a second spooky hand. I also added some melted wax to the hand at the top of my block.
I love these hands, they work wonderfully with the dry brush technique, highlighting all the raised areas.
I added two driftwood wooden feet to the bottom.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


20 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG Tracy this knock me out my socks.
Absolutely cool and unique.
The technique is unbelievable.
Great great work.
xoxo

Brenda Brown said...

On boy it is so evident the fun you are having Tracy, this is fabulous, I just love the effects of the techniques you are using.
Happy Friday.
Hugs Brenda xxx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...WOW...how utterly jaw-dropping fantastic is this, what a work of art! Andy certainly does inspire, this is the halloween piece of all piece's...superb Tracy really inspiring...Mel :)

Anonymous said...

Tracy
This is phenomenal. You have not lost you plot at all, this is really a remarkable piece, the detail, the paint effects, wow.
Wishes
Lynne

Sarah said...

This is so cool and your technique is flawless.

Terry said...

Hey there Tracy, my goodnesss he is the spookiest skull with the most amazing body I have ever seen. Wowzersss everything works just perfectly togehter, you did an amazing job on this scary dude woww Hugs Terry xxxx

Netty said...

wow Tracy this is super duper fabulous and am sure Andy will think so as well. Hope you get to create more things for your own pleasure. Annette x

Sue said...

You should do just because more often:) This is fab.....love those hands!

Sarah Anderson said...

This looks amazing!

Carol Q said...

absolutely fabulous Tracy. I must have go at this workshop. love the effect. I reckon Hellraiser was one of the scariest films I've ever seen. it's a great inspiration for this piece.

Suzanne C said...

Love this! This makes me think of a horror movie where they have all the souls trapped inside of an web. Fantastic ideas!

Redanne said...

Wow Tracy, this is a fabulous piece, so much to see and so beautifully done. Love how you embedded all those bits and pieces, it looks almost fossil like. A very inspired and inspiring piece. A x

Barb Cady said...

This os just amazing! I'm signed up for the next Timeworn workshop and can't wait! Brilliant work Tracy, it's really spooky and will be a Halloween treasure! x

hazel said...

This is amazing Tracy, I can tell that you had a lot of fun making it.
xxx Hazel.

Scrap Recup said...

Just FABULOUS ! Do you want to post a tutorial to show us how you do ? I love this piece !

Minxy said...

Creepy yet brilliant :)

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely stunning! If you've lost the plot, you're on a very exciting story now, and who knows where it will end?! I love all the embedded textures and objects. Fantastic brushed rust makes them all so grungy and decayed - like it's been there centuries. Magic!
Alison x

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW WOW WOW, I'm shivering in my boots! FABULOUS make!
hugs Lynn

Evik said...

this is so COOL!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

OMG, I can't get over what you've done here! The texture is fantastic... all those pieces embedded... just plain WOW!