Saturday 13 October 2012

SPOOKY TAG

Halloween has taken over my blog, I am making the most of October and making as many spooky things as I can and this time around I have created a spooky tag for 100 Proof Press using the SKULL image.
This is one of the larger tags which I have decorated with a plastic skeleton and then painted over the top with acrylic paints.
A little dry brushing really brings the tag to life and highlights all the raised areas particularly on the skeleton.
I stamped the large skull onto white card with black archival ink and coloured with rusty hinge Distress Ink, stapling into place using my tiny attacher.
For added interest and dimension I have stamped the skull onto shrink plastic and created several smaller images, adding gold paint dabber to the edges.  I have also added a few more staples here and there along with spooky text.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

15 comments:

Gráinne said...

And that's a good thing :-) I love this time of the year and all the stunning pieces and ideas all you guys around blogland come up with. This tag is no exception! It's just perfect, never thought I'd say I love the brown in this and of course the arrangement of the skeleton and the adorable skulls. Gorgeous piece of Halloween art.
Best, Suzanne

hazel said...

Fabulous tag, I love the shrink plastic skulls.
xxx Hazel.

Carol Q said...

excellent Tracy. love it . you've really got that techniqtue of to a "T"

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Tracy.
The skulls are wonderful.
Wishes
Lynne

Ella's Design said...

Fantastic tag, Tracy! I will never look at a plastic skeleton in the same way again! I've seen a few projects using them now, including yours and wouldn't have looked twice at them in the shops...just wait 'til they're on discount after the Holiday!;) Lisa x

Words and Pictures said...

More fantastic Halloween work from you - what an amazing tag! The plastic skeleton is absolutely transformed into something truly grungy (was he difficult to stick on?!?)... and your skulls are terrific! You really rock the Halloween look!
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

All your pieces show how much you are enjoying Halloween, this is no exception.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is wicked! Those staples are torturing the poor boys! LOL! The color here is magnifique! Love this extreme grunge!!!

Gaby Bee said...

Absolutely stunning, Tracy!

Have a great Sunday!
Gaby

Redanne said...

Wow Tracy, you have done a brilliant job with that plastic skeleton! Love the shrink plastic skulls too. A really wonderful tag. I think Halloween is taking over my life at the moment too as I cannot turn my mind to anything else on the crafty front.....great fun though. Anne x

Scrap Recup said...

Yes ! Thank you to share a little bit of your technique.
Beautiful tag for Halloween, j'aime beaucoup !

Patricia said...

This is REALEY FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Greetz Patricia

Terry said...

This is one awesome tag! Love anything shrink plastic, but that plastic skeleton is beyond cool!

Suzanne C said...

Loving those skulls! Do I have to worry about you that you are enjoying your skeletons and skulls a bit too much? LOL!

Marjie Kemper said...

Super creepy! You sure do Halloween well, Tracy!