Wednesday 17 October 2012

ARTISTIC OUTPOST BLOG HOP

Welcome to the monthly Artistic Outpost BLOG HOP and this month our theme is FALL.
I decided to create an Autumnal tag this time around using the fabulous pumpkin image from the GOTHIC 31 plate. The background of my tag has been coloured with rust hinge Distress Stain, giving a wonderful rich warm Autumnal backdrop to my pumpkin images. I have also added some faux stitching for further interest to my background.
I used a Spellbinders die to showcase the pumpkins which I stamped with black archival ink, masking the image before I stamped the next one. I also used my water brush to bleach out a few areas to give highlights to each pumpkin.
I stamped a further pumpkin onto thick white card, coloured with rusty hinge Distress Ink and added Clear Rock Candy. I added this pumpkin to two leaves cut using the Tattered Leaves die which I also stamped with the Ephemera Background stamp to add a little more interest, along with some natural twine, I love the combination of the natural twine and the earthy tones of the rusty hinge.
I added AUTUMN to the top of my tag using the Secretary Pool stamp set, there is a fabulous alphabet in this set, perfect for adding wording to a piece of art.  I also stamped AUTUMN onto shrink plastic and added the letters to the top of my die cut.  A pumpkin has been stamped onto shrink plastic and added to the top of my tag along with some coordinated ribbon.
My fellow Design Team members have created some fabulous pieces, pop along and be inspired along the way.

Artistic Outpost are also holding a fabulous Referral Program, the theme being ANYTHING/ANY OF THOSE AO IMAGES. Why not pop along HERE for all the details and there is a fabulous prize on offer too.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Enjoy the rest of the week. Tracy x x 

16 comments:

Michelle Webb said...

I really like that stamp Tracy. I love Artistic Outpost designs. Great colour too. Michelle x

Sue said...

Fab tag.....how can I resist those pumpkins? And that alphabet is great.

Sandy said...

A dream of a halloween Tag Tracy.
Love the stamps and details.
Gorgeous.
xoxo

Suzanne C said...

I love your pumpkin patch! I see you crackled too on your pumpkin and it looks wonderful! Beautiful design and tag!

joy said...

I love the way you added highlights with bleach, Tracy! And, the alphabet stamps are fabulous. The tattered leaves die is my current favorite; perfect for fall projects!

Pam said...

Love this tag! That crackled pumpkin is the best!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful work, love the Artistic Outpost stamps.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Autumn Tag! Love how you framed the pumpkins and the added cracked glass!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love love love these pumpkins...I need them! The inside of the frame looks like it's set back from the tag! Your shadowing is wonderful! Gorgeous orange...I could bask in that color forever!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is sensational, Tracy! LOVE the script on the leaves and on the pumpkins. Cool work with the letters from the Secretary Pool plate and I love seeing the ribbons from my shop :) The faux stitching around the edge is a great finishing touch!

Hugs,
Linda

Helen said...

I love those pumpkins! Great autumnal tag, Tracy.

Redanne said...

A wonderful tag, from the bleaching on the pumpkin to the script stamping and the faux stitching around the edge really pops. Lovely!

Carol Q said...

that's fab Tracy. the crackled texture on your top pumpkin looks really good

Words and Pictures said...

Such gorgeous, rich colours, Tracy - and I love the text in your pumpkins and leaves! Beautiful stitching too...
Alison x

JansArtyJunk said...

Just catching up here Tracy...and OMG LOVING all you Halloween creations...Amazing work! x

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! Kim