Thursday 4 October 2012

Altered Spooky Tin

I have been having a little fun with 100 Proof Press images, the SKULL and ROW OF SKULLS to create my altered tin.
To give a rusty appearance to my tin I coloured with Alcohol Inks butterscotch and ginger.
The inside has the SKULL coloured with rusty hinge and walnut stain Distress Inks and BOO added to his head. I also added a skull embellishment again coloured with alcohol inks. The cheesy grin on the skeleton really makes me smile. The BOO embellishment on his body is something I found in my craft stash.
I added the skull to the top of my tin, adhering several layers together to give dimension.  I also added the ROW OF SKULLS to his head again I coloured with rusty hinge and walnut stain inks.
I added a Halloween muse token to the bottom of my tin along with bats cut from black card. I really enjoyed decorating this tin it was fun from start to finish!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


13 comments:

Sue said...

BOO-tifully spooky:)

Words and Pictures said...

Sensational alteration - I've been saving mackerel tins, and this makes me think it's time I tried to do something with them. Such rich colours, and your skeleton is fab sitting there in splendour!
Alison x

Maggie said...

Frightfully Fabulous Tracy Love it!!

MaggieH

Sandy said...

Very creepy and spooky my dear Tracy.
Your halloween work is spooktakular.
Brilliant and very creative.
xoxo

Brenda Brown said...

And what skulduggery did you use to create this little tomb? A fabulous altered tin Tracy, such wonderful elements together with those vintage colours. Love it.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lori said...

Absolutely SPOOKtacular! lol. Bet you never heard that before. Right. Beautiful work as always, Tracy, love it!

Gillian .... said...

Spooky-licious xx

ria gall said...

Hi Tracy
Wow you have been busy and this is stunning.
What a wonderful piece of altered art, well done
Ria

lilygee said...

Hi Tracy,

Your piece of altered art is spookily amazing!
Jean Gursoy xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Seriously Tracy...my favorites of yours folder is getting quite stuffed, it probably weighs a pound! I love this! Oh yeah... I love this! Crazy creative and it speaks to me...can't tell you what it says though, or I'll have to...well you know! WOW girl WOW...you rocketh and rolleth!!!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a fabulous make ,i love your Halloween creations and this ones a stunner!! Just a fabulous make..
Sorry I have not been commenting, hope to be back to my normal commenting pattern now , been really off colour! T
Love trace x

hazel said...

A wonderful spooky creation Tracy. I love, love, love it.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne C said...

Your tins are always so cool. Love that the skeleton is sitting in there holding a large skull!