Friday 5 October 2012

Steampunk Christmas

Time for my second creation using the fabulous STEAMPUNK CHRISTMAS A5 stamp plate by Sam Poole from Creative Expressions.
This time around I used Christmas colours in the form of festive berries and pine needles Distress Inks. The background stamp is a Merry Christmas background stamp from JustRite and has been stamped with black archival ink, cutting the central panel out twice to give some dimension and colouring with Distress Inks.
I had some wooden baubles in my craft stash and decided to decorate with Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals tropic red and lapis black.
The picture above shows the before and after pictures once the enamel has been added. I simply pressed my VersaMark inkpad onto the bauble and sprinkled several layers of enamel and whilst the enamel is hot I stamped the background stamp into the enamel.
On the top bauble I also added two mini sprocket gears into the enamel whilst it was hot so they appear embedded into the enamel and on the second bauble I adhered them on top of the enamel to give me two different looks. I also rubbed a little gold Paint Dabber over the raised areas to highlight. On the top bauble I also added 25 from the Steampunk Christmas stamp set stamped with pine needles ink onto white card and cut out. The second bauble has the bird added which I stamped onto shrink plastic, colouring with Distress Markers.
I added a heart to the central panel, again stamping with the background stamp adding a sprocket gear to add to that Steampunk Christmas feel.  One thing that was difficult to photograph was the gold spray that I added to all my layers, it really adds a rich opulent feel to my card.
I coloured the bird with Distress Markers and added a little dimension to his hat, adding two layers and applying clear embossing powder to the top to give a lovely glossy finish.  Again a mini sprocket gear has been added for further dimension.
I added two cinnamon sticks for my bird to stand on and you could even add some Christmas scented oils to these, perfect touch for the recipient.
Bakers Twine has been added to my baubles along with coordinated ribbon and once again mini sprocket gears have been added to each bow.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


19 comments:

Maggie said...

Fabulous card Tracy love the triple embossing great effects one of my fav things to do, as always Sam's stamps are outstanding think I "need" this set too!!!lol

MaggieH

Mandy Chilvers said...

wow this is stunning Tracy!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the elements and colours.x

Sandy said...

Oh holy night.
What a stunning card Tracy.
This rock.

Have a lovely weekend my dear friend

xoxo

Helen said...

Fantastic!!! I love your baubles, Mrs!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Another wonderful piece, I lve all the techniques you a have used and combined in such a great way!!
Great minds was going to shrink the bird!!!
Love the stamping into the embossing and the fab festive colours! Trace x

hazel said...

A stunning card - the baubles are fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Gillian .... said...

I love this Tracy, the traditional colours look great, especially love all the embossing. xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous techniques to create this wonderfully textured card Tracy, love the festive colours.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Barb said...

What a fab and fun Christmas card,
luv your attention to detail and all the little elements.
Happy week-end,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, I love all the detail you put into them. Put me on your Christmas card list please....!!! S xx

Words and Pictures said...

WOWOW! The whole card is just full of delights and delicious stamping, colouring, embossing detail - but those baubles are out of this world!! Cosmic, in fact!
Could look at this for hours...
Alison x

suzieq23 said...

Tracy, great card! what is the paper? you used, green, surrounding the Just Rite xmas stamp? doesnt look familiar and dont think you mentioned it. thanks. sue

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Tracy! Outstanding!!! I really love this stamp set!!! Gorgeous make!

Alison said...

A stunning festive card Tracy! I love, love, love those embossed baubles!!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

This would be an amazing card for anyone who doesn't like traditional images at Christmastime.
Really fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your art pieces are wonderful, Tracy! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by to leave me a comment. I am following you now and invite you to follow as well. Be well...hugs, Gayle.

Lori said...

Wow! Fantastic Tracy, I love the baubles, so cool!

Suzanne C said...

I am loving the details on your card. The embossed ornament is gorgeous with the mix of colors. The embossed area is wonderful.