Tuesday 14 February 2017

Happiness

This month Eileen Hull's Design Team are showcasing Eileen's fabulous Clearsnap ColorBox Blends Inks. These inks hold 10 x the ink of a traditional inkpad. They have a covenient sponge applicator which keeps hands clean whilst applying the ink. The ink can be applied directly to fabric, paper, wood, clay and more.  Just remember to heat set for permanence.
I created a card with lots of colour and I have step by steps below.
I chose to work with Beach, Wildberry and Leaf for this project.
Each ink dispenser comes with a foam applicator.
Press the foam applicator onto a non-stick craft sheet to get the ink flowing. You don't need too much pressure.
Once the ink is flowing you are ready to create.
I began by applying each colour over a stencil, the colours blend beautifully and are also perfect for watercolouring too.
Continue until the white card is covered with stencilling. I love these three colours together.
Die cut Eileen's Flower, Heart and Soul die from white card.
On this occasion we are using the aperture only.
Draw around the flower onto the decorated panel.
Continue to draw around the flower until you are happy with the arrangement on the background of the decorated panel.
Paint around the flowers with black paint.
Add white highlights around the flowers using a paint pen.
I love how the background detail really pops against the black and white.
I also included a happiness sticker, colouring the edges of the sticker with the Blends. I also added a heart charm for added interest and dimension.
Splatters of pink and white paint have also been added for further interest.
I added a matt of white card coloured with the Wildberry Blends ink to coordinate with the colours in the card.
I love that all the layers are visible in the design.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


7 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow, beautiful Tracy! I really enjoyed watching the steps you went through to make this card. So many techniques and so much work, but totally worth it! I love the outline you added around the petals, and the splatters on the black. Well done! Sending wishes to you for a Happy Valentine's Day!

Artmadnana said...

A great step out Tracy. You have really shown how useful these new inks and applicators are. I'm definitely going to try these. I love your card. It's a brilliant technique.

eileen hull said...

Such cool techniques you created Tracy- this card is great! The flowers really make an impact...

Redanne said...

Your project looks wonderful Tracy, the black surrounding the flowers looks amazing! Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Craftychris said...

I popped over from Redanne, absolutely fabulous card - really cool techniques! Those inks look amazing! xxx

A Pink said...

Wonderful card! Tracy and a great post demoing the inks . x

Words and Pictures said...

They're really pretty colours, and I love the drama of the black layer.
Alison x