Tuesday 7 February 2017

Forget Me Not

I had a little creative time late last night and created a card for Valentines.
The background has been created with Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Paints, applied to a non-stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and then mopped up with my card. I tore a heart from scrap paper and then drew around the heart onto white card which I again coloured with Distress Paints. I then cut out the heart and distressed the edges with a pair of scissors.
I placed Tim Holtz number layering stencil onto a flat surface, inked the stencil with Black Soot Distress Ink, spritzed with water and then placed the stencil, inked side down onto the heart and dabbed with a piece of kitchen towel. I then dried the ink with my heat tool.
I added some Film Strip Ribbon for added interest and dimension and I also included a Hitch Fastener along with a Heart Idea-ology piece.
Tim's Alpha Cards have been coloured with Distress Paints and stapled into place. I added a few touches of ruler tape behind my heart for added interest.
I stamped Feb 14 a couple of times onto the background and added a touch of doodling around the outside edges.
Delicate splatters of white paint have been added to the background.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

14 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love your take on Valentines Tracy and the use of all those delightful embellishments. I bet it looks even more scrummy in real life, i'm sure your receiver will be over the moon with it.. Hugs Tracey xx

Unknown said...

Oh my - it's just GORGEOUS Tracy. Love how the colors blend and look so muted and mushy - hehehehe - that's probably not a very good word!!! It's just such a unique and soft look. And you put everything together perfectly. Your creativity would make any VALENTINE happy!! LOVE IT. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to YOU. Xj.

Redanne said...

The softer tones are so beautiful and delicate looking Tracy, this is a gorgeous card!! Hugs, Anne xx

Amanda said...

Love this!
Love
Amanda x

Carol said...

GORGEOUS - love all the embellishments too xxx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous was the word that came to mind for me too! I love that strip of the film across the surface and the beautiful soft colors!

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliant, love the gorgeous colours and design xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Now that's a Valentine!!!! Gorgeous colors and love all the embellish!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Such beautiful colours! A truly beautiful card! Chrisx

Tracy Welham said...

Fabulous, love the colours and the detail. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Candy C said...

Hey Tracy! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a lovely comment! You're always so sweet.
Girl, I have been watching your explode on Facebook and your blog. Congrats on your successes...well deserved. This valentine is very cool. Love the pinks and all of the layers of embellishements and stampings, etc. The grungy look is not one that I typically associate with Valentines Day but I really like what you've done. Sending lots of hugs your way!

hazel said...

A wonderful card Tracy, I love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

A Pink said...

Very stylized ! Love the stenciling x

Words and Pictures said...

So gorgeous - I love the misty look of the colours, and the film strip is a great touch, creating dimension and movement. Love how you're playing with it.
Alison x