Tuesday 15 November 2016

Eileen Hull Collaborates with DCWV

For the month of November the Eileen Hull Design Team and DCWV are collaborating with a month long blog hop. This is my third piece using the fabulous papers from DCWV.
I have combined the papers from DCWV from the Cranberry Christmas Paper Stack with Eileen Hull's Cookie Box die and Bird Die.
The base is Eileen's Cookie Box Die covered with papers from DCWV; the gold gives my design a real opulent feel.
I added Eileen's Bird to my cage and applied DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze to the body to add further detail. I covered mountboard with a piece of DCWV paper which has grey dots and then applied the glaze over the top. To highlight the cracks further I added DecoArt Media Medium Grey Antiquing Cream, wiping away any excess with a baby wipe. I then added a coat of Matt Medium over the top to protect and to stop the Antiquing Cream moving any further. I also added touches of DecoArt Metallic Lustre to the body of the bird along with a wing from a metal butterfly earring. I added a mini gold bell for the eye of the bird.
The santa with the little girl is from Tim's Idea-ology Ephemera packs, adding a vintage touch to the design.
I used Eileen Hull's Twist and Style Tool to twist the wires for my cage element and added some pine cone embellishments from Tim Holtz.
A touch of moss has been added to the base for a little more texture.
A believe embellishment has been included again with added Metallic Lustre along with a Tim Holtz Remnant Rub.
This makes a wonderful alternative to a Christmas card.


Thanks so much for stopping by. To see lots more inspiration from the DT pop along to Eileen's Blog HERE.

Tracy x x

9 comments:

brenda said...

What an unusual and very imaginative creation Tracey, it's lovely, thank you for sharing.

B x

Suzanne C said...

Glorious! Love the gold and the twisted cage you created.

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh - I truly ADORE this Tracy. That little birdie is soooo PRECIOUS - I love every inch of her - from the very prissy crackle to the shimmer. What a sweet and hopeful project. The season of PEACE and JOY in flight - touching hearts. Xj.

Redanne said...

This is beyond fabulous Tracy, I love the paper on the cookie box and the bird is fabulous, the wing you added is gorgeous. Love this!! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Another delightful 3D project Tracy that will be beautiful as a Christmas decoration. I really want to try something like this, I love it xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful project! LOVE the wire, the box, the peeking Santa, and especially that crackly bird!

eileen hull said...

Tracy you always add so much whimsy and fun to our posts- thank you for sharing your amazing talents with us!

Annie said...

A fabulous Christmas Decor piece Tracy.....Love It!!!!
TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Jean Bullock said...

This is so beautiful. I love the closeup photos you shared. This work has to be seen up to appreciate the gorgeous details.