Friday 29 November 2019

Dragonfly

Today I am showcasing a mixed media card using my newly released A4Stamp "On Dragonfly Wings" #230, from AALLandCreate. Our stockists can be found HERE.
My background has been created on my Gel Press using PaperArtsy Fresco Paints in Sour Grapes, Sugar Plum and Lake Winaka. I applied Sour Grapes and Sugar Plum to my Gel press first and then lay down the Lotza Dotz Stencil onto the Gel press to achieve a print, removed the stencil and then repeated. I then placed my white card onto the Gel Press to take a print.

For my second layer, to add more depth, I added light touches of Lake Winaka to my Gel Press and then lightly dabbed my card onto the paint, this adds light touches of a contrasting colour in the background, also bringing depth to the design.

I placed the Lotza Dotz Stencil back onto the Gel Press and then brayered Lake Winaka Paint over the stencil, leaving the stencil in place I then pressed my background piece onto the stencil. I repeated this process twice.

Once you have finished layering paint you can then take a second, clean up print, by applying Chalk Paint or any light colour across the Gel Press, just a light layer and then press the card onto the Gel Press, pressing firmly and then remove card. This is often the best print for me.
I added a touch of background stamping using the number stamp from my "Brush Flower" Border Stamp, I love this stamp, so useful for adding background touches.
Hand stitching has been added to give further texture along with a circular piece of black twine, stapled into place.
I also added some Art Pebbles for further dimension and I also incorporated some white circles of paint and delicate splatters.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.

3 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful piece indeed Tracy, always love how you pick out a point of interest and frame it. Like zooming in close with a camera shot.
The Dragonfly wings stamp set is so fabulous, i'm already looking forward to a new year so I can give myself the time to just play with my increasing collection of AALL & create designs.
Wishing you a wonderful day & creative weekend ahead Hugs Tracey xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thank you for sharing this special piece. WOW I love the look of layers and awesome colors. I am in love with these 2 stamp sets. Enjoy the weekend.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card and background-love the stamps and colours
Carol x