Monday 18 November 2019

Blossom Wishes

I am showcasing an accordion card using my newly released A5 Stamp "Blossom Wishes" #240, from AALLandCreate. Our stockists can be found HERE.
I love creating accordions, its a different slant on a standard card and gives so much more space to experiment.
I created the background using stencils, which I demoed on my recent Weekend Wow Show on Hochanda, which you can still view on catch up. In brief, I layered Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink over my card, adding a good layer of colour and applying several layers of the same colour to give depth. Wipe over the background with an anti-static bag and then place your chosen stencil onto the inked background and then apply VersaMark over the stencil, remove the stencil and then sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder over the card. The Embossing Powder will only stick to the areas we applied the VersaMark. Heat the powder to melt and then once cool apply a layer of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink over the entire area. Take a damp piece of kitchen towel and wipe over the embossed area; this will remove ink from the embossed area which resists the ink.
The wood grain stencil really works so well with my floral images. I also added a further background layer spritzing my stencil with water and laying the stencil water side down onto an inked background to give a bleached out effect, and this photo showcases that perfectly.
I also incorporated some hand doodling, which helps to draw the eye into the focal imagery. Incorporating torn book pages adds further texture along with some hand stitching.
Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your support during my recent shows. Tracy x x
AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.


2 comments:

jane stillman said...

A gorgeous accordion card - love the colours and images xx

Redanne said...

This is such a beautiful card Tracy, the colours look so warm and inviting and I just love the whole design. Your added stitching is just an extra bonus and really adds to the design. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx