Monday 1 April 2019

Find Joy In The Ordinary

Welcome, today I have a mixed media project using one of Tim Holtz Etcetera Tags combined with one of my favourite stamps Numbered Botanical #110 from AALLandCreate.
I love creating textural pieces and this piece was a joy to create, adding lots of layers from Texture Paste to layers of paint.
I stamped my fern onto thick white card several times and cut out the image and then adhered them together to give me a dimensional piece, which I then adhered to my Etcetera Tag and then painted over the design, also incorporating texture by adding Texture Paste through the Lotza Dotz Stencil.
I used Distress Paints for this piece and I love how the darker tones settle into the crevices of the design.
I also incorporated a touch of background stamping using the same stamp and then highlighted some of the texture with Gold Wax.
Creating these pieces are always one of my favourites as you never quite know where the creative process will take you.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x
AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.


6 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Tracy, love the textures and layers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the grunginess of this project! Fabulous !
Corrie xxx

Redanne said...

Gorgeous colour choices, wonderful textures and the beautiful fern - what's not to love about this lovely tag! Hugs, Anne xx

Amanda said...

Love the worn look that you’ve created with this one, great effect, love it!
Love
Amanda x

Kaz said...

Absolutely beautiful., i just want to reach in and touch it! love the colour scheme too xx

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful tag! I love the texture on the background.
Kate