Friday 21 December 2018

Time Flies

Today I have a post showcasing my newly released A4 Stamp Time Flies #143 from AALLandCreate. All the new products are available from our Stockists listed HERE.
I opted for a different substrate this time around, I am using one of That's Crafty MDF Chunkies.

  1. Paint the background of the Chunkie with Finnabair Acrylic Paints - Linen and Dark Chocolate, blending the colours with a touch of water to create a seamless backdrop. 
  2. Dry the paint layers with a heat tool.
  3. Ink the Time Flies stamp with Black Archival Ink and stamp part of the image (in this case the clock) onto the background.
I also incorporated some texture to the background, applying Texture Paste over Autour de Mwa's Lotza Dotz Stencil. I opted to leave the stencilling white to give some contrast to my design.
I used an Artist Trading Coin to add further dimension to this piece, stamping the centre of the clock to the coin.
I stamped the butterfly from the same stamp set onto a piece of clay and I am absolutely delighted with the detail that has been retained in the clay.
I didn't forget the sides of my panel, adding some subtle random stamping to each side.
I also included some SnipArt Clock pieces to the background along with some splatters of paint, cotton threads and wire to add further texture.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.


4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

This is beautiful Tracy !
Corrie xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is so cool!!! Love the whole theme and your stamps are wonderful! Oh that butterfly!

Brenda Brown said...

Another glorious design and colour combination using your gorgeous stamps. Love it xxx

Redanne said...

Absolutely stunning my friend, I love how you added the pocket watch and the texture on the beautiful butterfly is fabulous!! Hugs, Anne xx