Monday 18 June 2018

Quirky Bird

I thought I would try something a little different today, an altered bird using my A4 Layered Grunge Stamp from AALLandCreate. You can find a list of stockists HERE, simply scroll down.
This was a fun project to create and I loved trying my stamp out on a different substrate. I began by giving the bird a coat of Gesso front and back and then drying with my heat tool. I then applied a layer of Twisted Citron Distress Paint to the front and back of my bird and then dried this layer with a heat tool. I then applied a light layer of Peeled Paint Distress Paint over the top and dried this layer very lightly. I then wiped back some of the darker layer of paint with a baby wipe and then dried with a heat tool.
I used my A4 Stamp as is in my hand rather than applying to an acrylic block and picked out random areas from the stamp and stamped onto the bird with Black Archival Ink.
I added the word DREAM towards the top of my bird and also included some doodled lines around the outside edge of my bird for further interest.
I love the numbers on my A4 stamp set and I included those on the tail of the bird, stamped randomly over the background of the bird. I also included some cog embellishments for further interest.
Some delicate touches of stamping to the edges of my bird.
I also included a vintage thimble for his hat along with some micro beads for added texture.
I added some delicate splatters of white paint and some wired leaves to complete.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Tracy
xx

AALLandCreate Web Page
AALLandCreate Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Fanatics Facebook Page
AALLandCreate Boutique.



6 comments:

Dorthe said...

She is amazing Tracy-
I love your altered bird- she is wonderful with thimble hat, and your stamps, looks fantastic there.
Such great idea.
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Debi said...

I love your Altered Bird. You did a wonderful job making her. What a great idea. I love the idea of stepping out of the box and doing projects like this.

hazel said...

A beautiful project, the colour and stamping’s fabulous and I love her thimble hat.
xxx Hazel.

Redanne said...

Your altered bird is an absolute delight, I love the base colours and the texture and those wings are adorable. The thimble hat is just so quirky - I love it!! Hugs, Anne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

This is fantastic ! Love it ! xx

Fliss said...

An amazing alteration Tracy. The stamping looks fabulous and love the embellishments you've created too.
Fliss xx