Monday 12 March 2018

Springtime

I have been working in my garden this weekend and as I was doing some clearing of debris I noticed a few lovely pink and white cyclamen which made me think that I rarely create anything in pink so today I thought I would take inspiration from my garden.
I began by applying Gesso to my Etcetera tag which I then dried with a heat too. I then painted Tim's Collage Paper with Worn Lipstick Distress Paint, applying the paint to the back of the Tissue. Once the paint was dry I then added the Collage Paper to my tag using Distress Collage Medium. I also applied Worn Lipstick Distress Crayon around the edges of my tag.
As the background was quite detailed from the Collage Paper I added a bold black Baseboard to create my focal imagery around.
I added a Paperdoll surrounded by Spring flowers and I also added a touch of paint to her dress. A touch of colour was also added to some of my flowers using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, adding a few cotton threads for added texture.
I added a little gem to her dress and also included one of Tim Holtz new Butterfly adornments, adding a touch of paint to the butterfly to coordinate with my background.
I also included a vintage pocket watch part and a computer generated sentiment 'Springtime' to the top of my focal piece.
Scratchy paint lines have also been added to the edges of my tag to add a further layer of interest along with some delicate splatters of Worn Lipstick Distress Paint.
I would also like to enter this piece into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme this time around is Easter/Spring Inspiration. I was definitely inspired by my evolving Spring garden this week. My piece also ties in quite well with their mood board this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


10 comments:

Dorthe said...

So absolutely adorable, and beautiful Tracy, gorgeous with the pink and black, -your wonderful words used, and T.H "flower girl " .
I love it. Xxx

froebelsternchen said...

So gorgeous! The layering is fabulous Tracy!

Redanne said...

Wow Tracy, you really were inspired by your garden, this tag is gorgeous, I love the soft colour tones and the beautiful butterfly! Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Lucy said...

Tracy, I just love these delicate colors. Very, very pretty.

Jackie PN said...

How funny Tracy!
When I first saw this on FB ,I thought,is that Tracy's or is she showcasing someone's art for them! heehee s I am not used to seeing this color in your palette either!
I am happy to hear you are able to work in the garden already and that this is where your inspiration came from! this tag is just beautiful!I love those delicate tiny flowers and the pink with black is very lovely!
Enjoy your garden time- lucky gal!
Hugs,Jackie xx

The Mocket said...

Hi Tracy, I love your work. Xx Monique

Mrs.B said...

A lovely tag Tracy.
Avril x

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful! I love the pink and gray spring colors. So feminine.
Kate

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is a gorgeous piece! The thing that impresses me is how you conveyed that lovely spring feeling but used a completely unique neutral color palette. I also loved the way you incorporated dimension and texture. Thank you for sharing such an original piece of art with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

A Pink said...

Love the colour palette , the black is so striking against the pink and white and the framed feature is a wonderful collection of well chosen ephemera. Really eye catching and absolutely beautiful !
hugs x