Saturday 4 March 2017

Distress Oxides

I have been playing around with the new Distress Oxides once again today to create a card.
I used Distress Oxides Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber and Broken China.
I pressed and swiped the Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber onto my non-stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and then mopped up the ink with white card, dried a little and then spritzed the card once again with water and dried with my heat tool. I dabbed the card once again into any remaining ink and dried once again. I applied Fossilized Amber onto my sheet spritzed with water and mopped up the beads of ink and this time flicked water onto the background and then dried with a heat tool. I continued with this process with Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber until I was happy with the layers of colour. I then added touches of Broken China.
I applied Ranger Texture Paste Transparent Gloss through Tim Holtz new Layering Stencil and then whilst still wet I sprinkled with Gold Embossing Powder, tipping of any excess. I allowed the Gloss Paste to dry completely and then melted the Embossing Powder with my heat tool.
I die cut a leaf from white card using Tim Holtz Sizzix Layered Leaf Die and then coloured with Distress Oxides. I also added touches of wax to the raised areas to highlight.
A remnant of fabric stapled into a place along with a Small Talk Sticker.
These are fast becoming one of my favourite colour combinations with the Oxide inks.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

18 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Truly lovely. Great use of the paste and EP. Thanks for sharing your technique.

rachel said...

beautiful work - I love these distress oxides! Hugs rachel x

Dortesjs said...

awsome card love it and the colours are so great

Brenda Brown said...

Mmmm wonderful oxide loveliness, this just gorgeous Tracy xxx

Juls said...

The result is fabulous!!!! Gorgeous!! Xx

Redanne said...

Gorgeous colour choices Tracy and you have created some beautiful texture on the base - love the leaf too! Hugs, Anne xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colour combination !
Corrie xxx

Mrs.B said...

This looks fabulous with the gold embossing and the leaf looks stunning.
Avril xx

Lisa said...

Wow, this is amazing!! I love the texture and the colors!! The leaf looks real!! What a gorgeous project, Tracy!! It's stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely - the Oxides look great over the texture, and the leaf is gorgeous.
Alison x

Billie A said...

Beautiful. I need to practice more with my Oxide inks. This is stunning.

Marci said...

Gorgeous! The leaf, the background, I love this!

Marci said...

I think you used TH Nordic stencil, right? Did you use the small version from the set of three or the large version. If you have time to answer, thank you.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Marci I hope you pop back, I used the small version x x x x

Marci said...

Thank you!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very welcome Marci and thank you for your kind comment x x

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful background for your lovely leaf Tracy - I've got to get my oxide inks out and play! Julia xx

A Pink said...

wonderful oxide play and finished card ! Tracy . x