Sunday 24 July 2016

Girl With Attitude!

I have been creating once again with Trish Latimer's WhimsyGirl Three, one of Trish's newly released stamps, which you can find HERE.
I opted for a vibrant colour palette this time around, just to show that you can use the image in many different ways from mixed media (my first piece which you can find HERE), rusty (as in my last piece which you can find HERE) and bright and colourful which I have used on this occasion.
I applied Grunge Paste over the Stripes Layering Stencil and then added colour with Distress Paints and then spritzed with water to blend the colours as I went along.
She has a lovely stripey dress and I added a further layer of interest by adding Distress Crayons over the circle stencil. I also applied Distress Crayons over the stripes to make some of the colours pop a little more. She is also holding a little wooden bird which I coloured with Distress Ink.
I added splatters of white paint and added some white markings with a pen to add contrast. I added Black Soot Distress Crayon around the edges of her dress for definition.
I coloured her face and hair with pencils and added touches of black along with circles drawn around the image to act as a spotlight. I included Chitchat stickers for further interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy xx


10 comments:

Jo’s Journey said...

Fabulous piece as always Tracy xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Lovely cheerful colours to go with your wonderful whimsical girl
Love it!
Gill x

Redanne said...

She definitely has attitude and she is definitely fab-u-lous Tracy, love what you are doing with this stamp! Great stripes! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fantastic card Tracy, wonderful colour stripes and brilliant layering up of colours, you make it all look so easy xxxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a bright and beautiful creation to start the week off. Loving seeing all your variations of this stamp, truly inspirational. Looking forward to receiving my first stamp x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Tracy, I love what you've done with Trish's stamps

Juliz Design Post said...

A very clever design Tracy. Loving your cards with girl stamp.
Julie x

Corrie Herriman said...

I love this ! In fact I have ordered her too ! I just hope I can do her justice like you !
Corrie x

Chris said...

Fantastic card Tracy and a fabulous technique with the stencil, love the colours too! Chris xx

A Pink said...

Love this one! Tracy so sassy and funky. Loving the 'brights .'
hugs x