Thursday 28 July 2016

Bottle Cap Fun

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost and today I am showcasing the Bottle Caps Background stamp along with the Paperboy stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I began with a piece of white card 4" x 6" which I coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add an aged grungy feel to the background.
I stamped the Paperboy image onto the inked backdrop, created a mask of the boy and then I inked the Bottle Caps Background stamp with Black Archival Ink and stamped onto the background over the Paperboy image and then removed the mask so that the Bottle Caps appear behind the Paperboy. I added a spotlight to the boy, adding an old vintage pocket watch rim around the image. To highlight the boy further I drew around the image with a Stabilo All pencil and then smudged with a waterbrush. I added Live, Laugh, Play to the rim using The Golf Club stamp set, colouring the edges of each word with Fired Brick Distress Ink.
I added splatters of Fired Brick Distress Paint to the background and also included an old bottle cap for added dimension. Scratchy paint lines ground my Paperboy image.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x




6 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic, love the grungy look! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Redanne said...

I always love it when you use the Paperboy stamp and you have used him beautifully here, the added bottle cap is such a great touch too! Hugs, Anne xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

I am swooning over that bottle cap background. Love the splatters with it. And the tiny words on your paperboy frame ... wonderful. Then you had to go and that real bottle cap at the bottom. Oh I love it all! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely background, great card !
Corrie x x

Anonymous said...

I love the splatters. Call me silly but it brought to mind, the bubbles from fizzy pop. The colours are perfectly vintage.
Wishes
Lynne

A Pink said...

Another fab card using the paper boy stamp Trac with a real vintagey feel . Effective use of the red .
hugs x