Sunday 27 September 2015

Live Your Dream With Passion

Morning, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Love to Create Challenge Blog where the theme is Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.
 I began by decorating the background with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Cobalt Teal Hue, applying with a baby wipe to blend the colours and then drying with a heat tool.
I then placed a Prima stencil onto the background and applied PanPastels Permanent Red, Permanent Green and Turquoise Shade over the circles and I then gave a light spray with hairspray to fix the PanPastels. The stencil was then placed back over the background and I then applied DecoArt Crackle Paste randomly over the circles to add further texture to the background.
To add further layers to the background I added scratchy lines using an old credit card and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Cadmium Red Hue and then dried with a heat tool.
I then tore a heart from scrap paper, adhered to card to make it a little more sturdy for any paint applied in the following step.. I then applied DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Titanium White as a base coat, this makes any colours applied in the next stages really pop. For the second layer I placed the Prima Stencil onto the heart and then applied DecoArt Media Crackle Paste over the stencil and set aside to dry. I then applied VersaMark Ink to the heart and then applied Permanent Red PanPastel over the heart, along with touches of Turquoise Shade PanPastel. I then added touches of DecoArt Media Fluid Acylic Cobalt Turquoise Hue along with delicate splatters.
I machine stitched through the centre of the hearts and added rusty wire around the outside edge for added texture and stapled into place. To complete, I added delicate splatters of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Cadmium Red Hue.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/



7 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Loving the texture on the background and the heart!

A Pink said...

Fabulous card! Tracy love the colours and all those circles and textures on the background . Your heart is the perfect focal point too with all the extra detail you've added .
x

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning colour contrasts - adore the texture from the stitching and the wire - this is fabulous!
Alison xx

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Tracy! Your heart looks amazing! Love all the crackled detail and dots!

Terry said...

When I was shopping with Annie at a Hobby Lobby, I saw a circle stencil and you were the first person who came to mind! Love the background and all that delicious texture! The heart is amazing! Hugs!

Unknown said...

LOVE this card, Tracy!! I love that great big red heart :) I love your stitching and wire outline that you added around the heart, too! Oh gosh--what a good idea to set the pan pastels with hair spray!! I've used hairspray to keep dried flowers together, but using as a setting/sealing agent in crafting--Fabulous!! You're a creative Genius!! XOXO-Shari

Ellie Knol said...

WOW, gorgeous!