Thursday 1 January 2015

Katzelkraft Challenge - Coloured Winter

Morning all, Happy New Year! Today it is time for my weekly DT creation for Katzelkraft. The challenge for January is Coloured Winter.
There are many things I think of when I think of Winter and as we have only just left another Christmas behind us I am still thinking along the lines of decorations and baubles so my take on the challenge are coloured Winter baubles. The background of my card has been stencilled with Tim Holtz Stars Layering stencil using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
I wanted to make the central bauble stand out from the crowd so I added a cicular piece decorated with stamped Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. I cut a circle from mountboard using Tim Holtz Sized Circles die and then added black UTEE and Tropic Red Embossing Crystals to my melt pot and once melted I poured onto the circular piece and then pressed the Geometric Ornament stamp onto the hot enamel, allowed to cool a little and then removed the stamp.  Once it had cooled a little I also cut around the shape with a pair of scissors to remove any excess UTEE from the edges. To highlight the wonderful design I applied White Fire wax to the top.
I died vintage seam binding with Fired Brick Distress Ink and added a bow to the top of each of the baubles along with a Christmas button to the centre of each for added interest.
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you like my take on this months challenge.

Tracy Evans x x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

7 comments:

Redanne said...

What a visual treat you have shared with us today Tracy, I love how you did the central bauble, it really stands out beautifully! Happy New Year. Hugs, Anne xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful! Xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Tracy, this is fabulous! Love your 'coloured' Christmas card! The ornament stamp is wonderful and I love your UTEE ornament!! Those buttons are such a great touch too! until next time, big hugs :)

Ellie Knol said...

I really adore this card, especially the Utee ornament

Annie said...

Great make Tracy and I love the melt art.....TFS and Best wishes for 2015

Annie x

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Tracy! The trio of ornaments look gorgeous! Love the fancy bows! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Words and Pictures said...

You've absolutely rocked this bauble stamp this Christmas - another fab card!
Alison xx