Thursday 28 March 2013

Paperboy

I have been using the fabulous PAPERBOY plate from Artistic Outpost.
I had a blast creating with these images, creating a grungy card using lots of layers. My backgroud is a piece of white card coloured with brushed corduroy and walnut stain Distress Inks, the edges torn for that aged feel and splats added with Distress Stain.
A background piece was created using the background text stamp/newsprint from the Paperboy plate, stamping with coffee and black Archival Ink and colouring with brushed corduroy Distress Ink. I purchased an old newspaper from a vintage fair which was perfect for this piece, I crumpled the paper and curled the edges and die cut each page using a Spellbinders die to create a book/newspaper and tied some natural twine across the centre.
I added NEWS using the alphabet background stamp from the Secretary Pool plate, again colouring with brushed corduroy Distress Ink. I stamped the paperboy onto white card and coloured with Distress Inks and added him to the top of my page, adding a philosophy tag for further interest.
I stamped EXTRA, EXTRA onto a lollipop stick, coloured with Distress Inks and added to my piece for further interest and dimension. A few more splats and torn edges to age and my piece is complete.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

14 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

Tracy wow that is fabolous ! Amazing project you sharing her so uniquie and oustanding - stunning!!!!
xOxO SanDee

Helen said...

What a great project!! Superb results.

Ink Art Designs said...

Oh I really love this one Tracy! The newspaper background looks brilliant..and all the extra details really add to the total effect.
Dot x

Clare said...

Gorgeous! loving all the texture and those curled pages!

Dianne said...

This is my favorite card with the paperboy image, the layout you did is fabulous, thanks for sharing and hope you have a fun loving weekend..

Marjie Kemper said...

Soooooo many great details! Love the silhouetted paper boy and your stamped pop stick... all these wonderful layers.

Bonnie Irvine said...

The dimension you achieve on your pieces always amazes and inspires me. I love these curled newspaper pages with the twine binding them together. That stamped popsicle stick is an awesome detail and your splats are gorgeous. Great use of stamps and your wonderful imagination. Thanks.

Netty said...

Have seen so many paper boy designs this month and each one looks fab. Loving your use of him with all the brilliant details. Happy Easter, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Suzanne C said...

So cool! Those ink spots are so fantastic. Love the newspaper and the background perfect for the paperboy image.

Words and Pictures said...

Do love this one - the amazing texture of that rolled old newspaper is just fabulous, and as I said at AO - I love those splatters too!! Think this may be my favourite of your works with these stamps - just fab!
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

An amazing textural piece Tracy, beautifully designed.
Have a lovely Easter.
hugs {brenda} xox

Diane said...

A fantastic project, Tracy - I bet you had lots of fun making this one!
Diane x

Barb Cady said...

Absolutely fabulous - nothing else to improve on that! Happy Easter Tracy. Love barb x

Michelle Webb said...

Ooh I love this, great vintage effects. It's cool, very cool! Michelle x