Friday 10 August 2012

Cooling Down A Little

I'm thinking of cooler times with my Christmas Card this week for 100 Proof Press using the fabulous Tall Confier image.
This stamp just cries out to be used for Winter cards, Christmas, birthdays or other occasions, I love it combined with the icy blues.
I masked the top and bottom half of my card to create a strip in the centre which I then coloured with Distress Inks broken china and faded jeans ink, spritzing with a little water for that snowy feel. My trees have been stamped with black archival ink with white highlights added to the brances with a white gel pen.
I added a large ornate snowflake cut using a Memory Box die, adhering two together for added dimension including a wooden snowflake added to the centre for further interest.  Happy Christmas has been stamped onto white card and coloured with broken china ink.
I also added a Tall Conifer to the inside of my card to give a professional finish.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend, I have a busy crafting weekend scheduled meeting deadlines and maybe a little time gardening. Tracy x x





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A chill in the air! Beautifully icy.
I have set a goal to start my Christmas projects this month but finding it hard to get motivated, it looks as though it comes so easy to you with your gorgeous card
Wishes
Lynne

Jenny Marples said...

That's really different Tracy and I love the layered snowflake. Hugs, Buttons x

Sandy said...

Really really beautiful card Tracy.
Love them.
Gorgeous stamps again.

Have a sunny weekend my dear friend.
xoxo

Annie said...

Gorgeous make Tracy. I just love that blue, it certainly looks Christmassy. Hard to believe that Christmas is just over 4 months away !! TFS Annie x

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Another gorgeous card Tracy. I love those trees and you always make them look amazing. You have inspired me to make a start on my Christmas cards.
I am feeling much more like my old self thanks.
Siobhan

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Tracy, thanks for helping to cool me down a bit. Basking in temperatures if over 100 degrees at the moment.
Hope you are having warmer weather at home.

Hugs Brenda xox

Suzanne C said...

Another lovely showcase of the fir! You are going to be done with your Christmas cards way before Christmas!