Friday 25 May 2012

Happy Bird Day

I've been using the Umount Birds A5 Stamp Plate to create my two cards this week for Creative Expressions.
My background was created using Distress Inks weathered wood, broken china and chipped sapphire. I then cut a circular aperture from paper and used a water brush to remove the colour.
I used the small leaf to create my vines and added the two bird houses and bird on a branch using a water brush to remove some of the ink to give white highlights. To complete I added Happy Bird Day to the bottom of my card.
Whilst my inks were out I decided to create a second card, this time masking my card to just leave a strip in the centre which I then sponged with Distress Inks and spritzed with water. I then stamped my birds with black Archival Ink and added the vine to one side.
I cut two hearts from white card using the mini hearts set, sponged with Distress Ink and spritzed with water to coordinate with my background. I also added a button which also has bird images printed on along with some natural twine. For added dimension I also added wings from Tim's Adornments Charms along with BIRD using some small wooden letters.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

11 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great card, live it and great minds as my nextpotst is called that too!!! Spooky!! Hugs trace x

cheryl said...

oh Hun this is one,brilliant card,your detail is always first class,hugs Cherylxxxx

Gabrielle said...

I love the really effective dark stamps against the incredible blue backgrounds - really very effective and a water brush is clearly something I NEED! Have a super sunny weekend x

Helen said...

I love this! I am with Gabrielle, I love the contrast of dark and light. I need a water brush too.... off shopping!!

Netty said...

Loving both your fabby cards, xx

Sandi said...

these are just great, love them both, hugs

flutterbycrafter said...

These are fabulous, I really like the ones with the hearts x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous monochromatic blues and super cards.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sandy said...

These are absolutely lovely Tracy.
Amazing stamping cards. xoxo

sue law said...

These are both really pretty, I love the blue monotone!
Suex

hazel said...

Two beautiful cards Tracy, I love how you've used the stamps.
xxx Hazel.