Sunday 27 May 2012

FLY

Time for my take on Day 9 of the Creative Chemistry course and this week I am showcasing the Perfect Distress Mist Technique. All products are available from The Stamp Attic.
This is my background before I added any images/embellishments.  I have used Reinkers and Perfect Pearls to create the background along with a little Distress Ink.
Of course in true Tracy style I could not leave my tag blank so I proceeded to decorate beginning with a little embossing in the background using the Honeycomb Texture Fade, adding a little walnut stain Distress Ink over the raised areas.
I added the bird and branch cut using the Bird Branch die and colouring with Distress Inks adding a little crown for dimension from the Adornments Charms.
For added interest I cut two hearts using the Mini Hearts set, again colouring in the same way as with the background of my tag and embossing with the Honeycomb Texture Fade. I added FLY to Memo Pins for further interest. I also cut two strips using the Vintage Lace strip die coloured with broken china Distress Ink.
I also added the same trim to the top of my tag along with a Gem Clip which I coloured with Alcohol Ink to tone with my background. To complete I added some Trimmings Lavish again coloured in the same way as my tag.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x


10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow what an amazing Tag dear Tracy.
Love the background. Gorgeous work. xoxo

Annie said...

Hi Tracy this is a fabulous tag. Like the technique and the die cut pieces too. TFS :)

Martina said...

What a terrific tag, dear Tracy! Beautifully created!

Sandi said...

beautiful tag, love the background, hugs

Yvonne Garner said...

Vintage Tracy style! Thanks for sharing. Best, Yvonne

Brenda Brown said...

Superb work as always Tracy.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love your background and your finished tag is excellent!!!

sally said...

What a gorgeous tag you have created

hazel said...

A beautiful tag Tracy. I still haven't got past day 2 yet.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Lovely textured hearts and the little fly pins are cool!