Wednesday 24 August 2011

Domino Accordion.......

For this weeks DT piece for 100 Proof Press using the Long Tower Row stamp, which I love and the detail is fabulous.
I found two very large dominoes in my cupboards and decided to use them as book covers.  Each domino was painted with Fresco paint Little Black Dress, allowed to dry and then I applied the Crackle Glaze, allowed to dry and then applied a top coat of Honey Dew.  I love the crackles this paint produces and so easily too.  I then stamped the Long Tower Row onto the front and back cover. On this side I added a pewter ART embellishment.
On this side I added a CREATE pewter embellishment.
The inside of the book covers were decorated with 7 Gypsies Paddington paper and I then added my accordion which was stamped throughout with the Long Tower Row.
From this picture you can see the fabulous detail in the stamp.  I may even use this stamp for a Christmas card, would look great in icy blues for a winter scene. To complete, I added a ribbon to fasten. Pop by the shop HERE to see some more great ARCHITECTURE stamps.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, much appreciated.  Tracy x x





25 comments:

Helen said...

incredible! I love those houses - indeed, all architecture stamps. Thanks for the link.... but will try not to shop!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the little book - what a great idea.
luv and hugs [brenda]

Paula Whittaker said...

love the monochromatic look of this project.

Jean Franks Beck said...

OMG, what a fun project! I love the cracked domino covers, and the wonderful city that unfolds inside!

Sandy said...

Oh Tracy I´ve missing my words.
This is extraordinary. Amazing book.

Kaz Hall said...

AWESOME!! wow Tracy this is so cool xx
kazx

Lori said...

Totally LOVE this! Spectacular!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's breathtaking, really wonderful.

Suzi B said...

Hi Tracey, this is fabulous! ... love it... like the stamp too
Suzi B xx

donna said...

Fantastic piece Tracy and that is a very cool stamp..Donna

Anonymous said...

You have blown me away with this book. Completely cool piece of art.
Wishes
Lynne

Netty said...

Terrific domino book Tracy and love the stamp you've used. It would be great as you say on a Christmas card. xx

flutterbycrafter said...

This is incredible, you're so creative, it's wonderful xx

Siobhan Fyffe said...

What a great piece of art work. You are one talented lady!!
Siobhan

Barb Cady said...

Tracy however do you think up all these creative wonders post after post? This is brilliant, I had forgotten all about dominoes, love the stamp.

hazel said...

This is wonderful Tracy, a brilliant idea.
xxx Hazel.

Carol Q said...

wonderful effect Tracy. love the distressing on the dominoes and the stamps you used.

Laura said...

Great, great fun!

G Peplow said...

OOOh Tracy, this is totally delicious, I LOVE it, Gay xxx

Emma Williams said...

WOW!! LOVE this creation...it's so cool and beautiful. Fabulous idea, Tracy!
Love Emma xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks great! I love the stamp you used but more importantly I love how you used it. The crackle was a great choice, it looks cool!

Kim Dellow said...

Wow it is wonderful Tracy! Kimx

Gerri Herbst said...

Absolutely amazing!

Suzanne C said...

I love this stamp and you just knocked this out of the park. FABULOUS!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Tracy, The city scape looks amazing, Arent these dominos a blast to create with! Love it!
hugs Lynn