Wednesday 7 July 2010

DT Piece For The Stamp Attic

As part of my DT challenge, Wendy sent me a leaves stencil, which I absolutely love.   I love stencils they are so adaptable and always give professional results when coloured with inks.
These stencils are so cheap and versatile, I often use them in conjunction with my stamps or simply on their own.  These stencils can be purchased at The Stamp Attic here.
For this piece I wanted to make something very autumnal, I love autumn and all the earthy colours, my favourite combination.  I applied DI inks to the background card, applying directly from the inkpad and spritzed with water, the background was coloured with antique linen, shabby shutters, peeled paint and rusty hinge.    Then onto the leaves which I simply sponged colour through the stencil directly onto the card, colours were applied in the following order; wild honey, forest moss, peeled paint and rusty hinge.  I added three images to the background piece but only using part of the image in places.
I repeated this process for the single leaf and then added one layer of clear emboss powder.  I have then matt onto a piece of Bazzil card, added a Maya Road trinket pin leaf and wrapped thread around the pin.   For my leaf embellishment I sponged colour onto shrink plastic this time using VersaMagic inks, hint of pesto, tea leaves, and niagara mist.   To complete my piece I have hand stitched the sentiment 'LeavEs onto the card.  Have a good day everyone, Tracy x

2 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

I'm in love with that leaf stencil too! Great card Tracy :)

Juls said...

this is just fabulous!! Love it! Hugs Juls