Thursday 24 December 2015

Happy Christmas

Before I begin with my weekly post for Artistic Outpost, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the coming year. Enjoy the festivities and thank you all for your support during 2015.
This week I am showcasing the fabulous Toy Emporium stamp set housed inside a shadow box. I began by die cutting the Postage Stamp Frame from white card, incorporating the sized rectangles within the frame to get the aperture. I then aged the frame with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added splatters of Fired Brick Distress Paint.
I created a box to go at the back of my frame which I cut from white card and then adhered to the back of the frame, again colouring the box with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and adding splatters of water to add bleached out areas.
I stamped the centre of the shadow box with imagery from the Toy Emporium stamp set; stamping the images with Black Archival Ink and adding a layer of DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze to age further; allowing to dry completely and then rubbing over the cracks with Raw Umber Antiquing Cream. The imagery has been coloured with touches of red using Polychromo Pencils.

I added Hitch Fasteners to the outside edge of the frame and added rusty wire for further texture. I also included a few Christmas berries for added interest.
I die cut three postage stamp labels using Tim Holtz Thinlits Die and added touches of stamping to each label, again colouring with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by. HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Tracy x x x

6 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful Christmas shadowbox, Tracy! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Cocofolies said...

Hello Tracy, your little Christmas shadowbox is so lovely!!... Adorable creation.
Wishing you and yours an merry Christmas and a very happy New Year 2016!
Hugs, Coco xxx

Suzanne C said...

Happy Christmas Tracy! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and the very best 2016!!! Beautiful Shadow Box!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous warmth in the red and gold, and I love the crackle over the image. Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
Alison xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Utterly stunning! I LOVE the scene and the crackle! Just gorgeous. PINNED! Merry merry Christmas Tracy!

Redanne said...

Another beautiful creation Tracy, I love everything about this! Merry Christmas to you too! Hugs, Anne xx