Wednesday 11 December 2013

GO TOGETHER!

This week I have used the Chalkboard Wisdom and the Birds Of A Feather plates from Artistic Outpost.

I've moved away from my grungy side and opted for a more pretty style for this week.
Pretty background papers have been used and I have also included a zipper for a little more interest.
I have added 'Go Together' as I thought this worked perfectly with the two girls. A wooden bird has also been added to add further dimension.
I've die cut a flower using the Tattered Floral die, cutting from Calico and colouring with Distress Stain. Natural twine has been added behind the flower along with a lace doily and small brass heart.
Two wooden hearts have been added and I have coloured the edges of my card with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to coordinate with the rose from the vintage papers.
The two girls have been added to a postcard and coloured with Distress Markers.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

11 comments:

rachel said...

very pretty work Tracy - nice to see you playing with a different style - although the grungey style is my favourite!!! Beautiful flower - lovely xx

Emma Burns said...

How lovely tracy, I really like the addition of the zipper...I would never have thought of doing that. xxx

Unknown said...

I look forward to stopping by every day just to see what amazing designs you've been working on.... & today's is no exception.

Carol Q said...

I didn't recognise it as your work at first Tracy. Lovely spring colours and what a gorgeous flower.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Tracy, especially love the contrasting colours and that amazing flower! Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

Golly, I had to look twice to see that I'd got the right name to go with the picture! But you can turn your hand to any style and make it sing - gorgeous! I love that zipper and the inking on the flower is fab.
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

That inclusion of the zip is fabulous, oh how I love that and all the other sweet elements.
It may not be your usual style but it shows what we know already, you can tackle any style you choose.
Wishes
Lynne

carol edwards said...

Lovely card Tracy, really pretty

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed and gorgeous colours.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Redanne said...

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous is this and very refreshing to see something other than a Christmas card too! Love that you added the zip and the flower is fabulous! Hugs, Anne x

Jenny Marples said...

But of course! A zip down the front - so clever! Love this Tracy. Jenny x