Friday 11 October 2013

Memories Are Stitched With Love

This weeks DT creation for Creative Expressions uses the Vintage Sewing stamp set by Sam Poole.
The first piece I created was a rustic gift bag made from a piece of Hessian I had left in my collection.
I stitched a piece of Tim Holtz fabric to the background as I thought the ruler design was perfect for the stamped images and also complemented with the natural element to my design. I stamped a piece of Calico with the images from the Vintage Sewing set using Coffee and Black Archival Ink. I did not add the background stamps to an acrylic block I used them as is to give a more random feel.
I added the sentiment "Memories Are Stitched With Love" to the Calico, stamped with Black Archival Ink and I also added a wonderful dimensional flower to the top corner of my design.
SEW has been added using Signmaker Alpha Parts for a touch more dimension and to add a further layer of interest.
A touch of natural ribbon and a sewing machine charm were also added and I stamped the dress form once again onto a piece of Calico, cut out and then stitched to the first stamped image to add a touch of dimension. I love how tactile this bag is.
I also created a coordinated gift tag to go with my bag again with a very rustic feel.
I coloured the tag with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and then frayed the edges to add to the aged feel.  I then added background stamping using images from the Vintage Sewing set and Coffee Archival Ink.
A second smaller tag has been added to the top of the larger tag, again the edges have been distressed and the tag has been coloured with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I also crumpled the tag in places to add to the aged feel and then added more Distress Ink to the creases. I added background stamping and then stamped the dressform in Black Archival Ink. SEW has been added using Signmaker Alpha Parts. I also added some tape measure ruler and natural ribbon and machine stitched them into place.
Natural twine has been added along with a large button threaded with black twine all added to compliment the rustic natural feel of my tag.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Creative Expressions Web Page
Creative Expressions News Page
Creative Expressions Facebook Page

11 comments:

Helen said...

this is gorgeous!!

rachel said...

both the tag and the bag are wonderful - love these Tracy x

Dianne said...

Everything is PERFECT when you do sewing stuff I looooove it, had to face book this it's freaking fantastic..The girt tag PERFECT too.. You have done way to many things for me to tell you how much I looooove it all,thank you for sharing, you wonderful seamstress, big hugs...

Michelle said...

Those are some pretty amazing projects! I'm lovin those sewing projects of yours.

Barb Cady said...

Oh wow oh wow oh wow! This is absolutely brilliant, wonderful use of fabric and images Tracy, an absolute winner! X

Carol Q said...

love your sewing projects Tracy.

Brenda Brown said...

These are just fabulous projects Tracy, put together wonderfully with your amazing eye for design. Love them.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Annie said...

wonderful bag and I so love your tag. TFS and have a great weekend

Annie x

May said...

Gorgeous projects... the bag & tag are fantastic... Love the theme & you have put these together beautifully...Hugs May x x x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

AMAZING projects!!!! Wow!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic makes, Tracy - what brilliant use of the fabric on the bag, combined with all those sewing themed images. And I completely love the tag!
Alison x