Thursday 20 June 2013

A Fond Farewell

Unfortunately this is my last post for 100 PROOF PRESS, I have decided it is time to step down. I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU to sara for inviting me along on what has been a wonderful creative journey. Sara gave me my very first DT position and for that I am truly grateful.

I have created a card for my last piece using the fabulous SPRING BOUQUET, which I thought was the perfect stamp to use for my last piece as one of my other passions is gardening.
I have used corrugated card for my backdrop to add texture and combined with black card for a real natural feel.
My background panel has been coloured with Distress Inks and flicked with water to add to that aged feel. I then stamped the Spring Bouquet with black Archival Ink, I love the detail of this stamp. To add further interest I machine stitched around the image.
I added some natural twine and a cameo to the top of my card and I also distressed the edges of all my layers again to add to the aged feel.
I also added a small tag, again stamped with the Spring Bouquet image, adding a fragment for dimension along with a mini cameo.
For further dimension and interest I also included some mini wooden hearts stamped with part of the Spring Bouquet image.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

18 comments:

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Gorgeous :) What a great card and a wonderful last piece!
xoxo Sioux

Annie said...

Hi Tracy this is so beautiful and I can tell you are sad to leave, especially as this was your first DT spot. I love all the elements you have used piecing this together. TFS

Annie x

Paula Whittaker said...

What a wonderful piece to finish with.

sally said...

What a fabulous farewell piece!

Sally

Carol Q said...

and what a high note to go out on - gorgeous Tracy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, this is gorgeous. I'm sure Sara will miss you and your amazing talent. I can only agree with Carol, what a high note to go out on. S xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, I adore this.! It's absolutely beautiful. Love the way you have used the string with the colours, it all goes so perfectly. Maddy x

JoZart Designs said...

Superb piece Tracey. Lovely to bow out with this.
Good luck with any future venture.
Thanks so much for your comment ... lovely for you to say such nice things!
Jo x

Sandy said...

You go out with a bang - your creation is out of this world wonderful - they sure will miss you!!
Sandy

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Tracy, WOW !! and what a tremendous 'last piece', it is stunning, gorgeous colours, very earthy and beautiful stamping. Absolutely love it !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Redanne said...

Hi Tracy, you could not have created a more beautiful goodbye piece, this is gorgeous. So sorry you are leaving, I have really enjoyed your creative journey with their wonderful stamps. Hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!!!! A totally GORGEOUS card from top to bottom...What a blessing they had having you on their design team......you are a truly gifted ARTist!!!!!

Jan said...

Hi Tracy, what a beautiful piece to finish with. Sorry you are leaving. Your work is stunning. Hugs. Jan xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A gorgeous make, you will be missed! Hugs x

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous finale - the image echoed on the tag looks completely fabulous, and I love the distressing and the twine - fantastic card, Tracy! They will certainly miss you.
Alison xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such a beautiful card and tag Tracy, love the colours (just using them myself tonight) and how you will be missed.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Dianne said...

This is a gorgeous card Tracy and has you written all over it, love all of it, stunning work, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend..

Lynn Stevens said...

No doubt you will be Greatly missed. another stunner piece.
Hugs Lynn