Friday 10 May 2013

Delicate Asters

I've opted for a tag this week for my Creative Expressions DT piece using the fabulous Heartfelt Delicate Asters.
I have also done step by steps for creating my tag.
I cut a large tag from white card using the tag and bookplate die and then coloured using Distress Paints spun sugar, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry.
Distress Paint has been added to my non-stick craft sheet and then using my Ranger scraper I simply dragged the colour onto my tag.
I then spritzed my tag with water to blend the colours.
Heat set the paints and then apply touches of spun sugar paint to the top of the tag and then heat set once again.
Using Cut-n-Dry foam apply spiced marmalade Distress Ink through a stencil.
I love the tone on tone colour and the subtle stencilling in the background.
A touch more stencilling has been added to the background and I then used an anti-static bag on my tag prior to the next stage. This ensures that no embossing powder sticks to any of my background.
I took the large aster image and a VersaMark stamp pad and added Aster images to my tag.
Applied white embossing powder to the images and then heated with my heat gun to melt the embossing powder.
I then rubbed over my tag with a piece of kitchen towel to remove any residue from rubbing over with the anti static bag.
A second piece of white card has been coloured with Distress Paint and I then stamped several Aster images onto the coloured background and cut out each flower.
The back of each flower has also been coloured with Distress Paint.
I then shaped each flower for added dimension and to add movement and then adhered each layer one on top of the other.
The dimensional Aster has now been added to my tag along with a coordinated button to the centre of the flower. I have also added a Fancy Key Charm which I have coloured with pewter Gilding Wax.
For further interest I have also added machine stitching around the outside edge of my tag.
To complete, I have stamped 'one of a kind' to the top of the tag using Tim Holtz Simple Sayings stamp set and black Archival Ink. I also added a coordinated button, ribbon and twine to the top of my tag.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


23 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Tracy! Lovely colours and great feeling of texture from the stencilling. Chris xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great stencilling, lovethe stencil...can I be cheeky and ask where itis from?! Wow youbhave rocked that flower ....it looks amazing! Trace x hugs x

Anonymous said...

More gorgeous colour and clever floral art!

Gail said...

Luv the tag and the colour combo and thanks for the step-by-step instructions - most useful xx GailT xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Tracy, I popped over from FB to see your tutorial, this tag is gorgeous, loving the colours used and the stamping and stencilling are beautiful, didn't even realise you had made the flower with the stamp, fantastic.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Brenda Brown said...

A stunning tag Tracy, wonderful colours and the Aster is just scrumptious.
hugs {Brenda} x0x

Amanda said...

Fabulous tag, one of my fav colour combo's
Love
Amanda x

Netty said...

Beautiful tag and I love your flower.
Annette x

Paula Whittaker said...

love the colour combination. Great tag!

sally said...

These are some of my favourite colours! My friends tell ,e they could never sleep in my bedroom because the colours the colours are too bright :-) I am just going to have to get round to making a canvas art piece along these lines.

Sally

Sandra said...

Fantastic tag Tracy,i love all your work x

Carol Q said...

I think this is going to be my new fave colour scheme after greens and blues Tracy lol - gorgeous tag.

Hanneke said...

Wow Tracy, your tag is stunning! I love the colors and the tutorial is great! I don't have half of the supplies but I might try and make something like this soon. The flower looks so pretty! Hugs, Hanneke

joy said...

Gorgeous tag - love the colors and the dimension you achieved by stamping and layering that flower!!

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious tag... colours to die for, and that amazing flower! Great tip about the anti-static too, thank you.
Alison x

Sue said...

What a stunning tag Tracy, I love your colour combination and the way you have created your background. I thought I could get by without Distress Paint, but I certainly NEED these colours. Have a fab weekend. Sue x

Redanne said...

Love the gorgeous background you created with the DPs and that flower is 'to die for' - really beautiful! Hugs, Anne x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Brilliant with the anti static bag...I've never heard of that! Thanks for the tip! This tag is so so so GORGEOUS! PINNING!

Barb Cady said...

What a simply beautiful tag! I really love the way you made the flower, lovely. X

Gaby Bee said...

Another fantastic tag! The background is gorgeous and I love that flower!
Thanks for the step by step photos!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Gaby

Unknown said...

Tracy this tag is beautiful. As I scrolled down, reading how you had made the tag. I was wondering how on earth did this tag end up looking so good from just a few paints, embossing powder, and a stamp, which is fab. And, TA DA here it is, I love it. I am going to try doing this method, thank you for sharing, Crafty hugs Debbie R xx

Dianne said...

It's an amazing tag, the background is gorgeous,lovely colors, love the embossed flowers then the one you made is beautiful, thanks for sharing your process.

Lynn Stevens said...

Amazing flower and great tutorial!
hugs Lynn