Thursday 28 February 2013

Home Is Where The Heart Is

UPDATE: The winner of my recent blog candy is Lynn Stevens from Trash To Treasure Art. Lynn I will contact you and get your gifts out in the post very shortly.

I've decorated a small canvas for my DT creation for Creative Expressions using the fabulous Art Houses by Sam Poole.
I have sprayed my background with Dylusions sprays, blending with water and adding random stamping with white acrylic paint.
I stamped the house onto tissue paper and painted with the same sprays on the reverse. I added computer generated text "Home Is Where The Heart Is", blending fired brick Distress Ink around the edges.
I added the keys around the sides of my canvas, again adding touches of text with white acrylic paint.
I tore a heart from scrap paper adhered to my canvas and then covered the heart in tissue paper that I had mopped up any excess ink with, creating fabulous texture. I added touches of Treasure Silver on the raised areas to highlight the texture.
I added touches of silver Paint Dabber around the edges of my canvas to give a little more interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x 

22 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

Tracy this is just WOW. Such a wonderful project breathtaking.
So wonderful and such a lot to explore. Wow

XOXO
SanDee

Kazkrafts said...

another gorgeous creation, I love the textured heart and the keys and text on the edges look fab too. love that house stamp as well. xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy. What a fabulous canvas. I love ♥ it. S x

darcydaydream said...

my house stamp arrived this morning....haven't had a chance to play yet....just love your project...brill....Christine in Darcy....xx

Netty said...

Terrific grungy canvas Tracy. Hugs Annette x

Annie said...

This is fabulous Tracy. Love Sam's stamps and the colours used.

Can I ask if you sprayed the canvas with water before spraying with Dylusions ?

Thanks for sharing this stunning project

Annie x

Inkypinkycraft said...

what a fab make, love the colours you have used here they are yummy, great idea to put the keys around the edge too...really fab hugs trace x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous rich colours and fabulous texture on the heart.
hugs {brenda} x0x

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is just amazing,the detail is just brilliant hugs Cherylxxxxx

Words and Pictures said...

Huge WOW - the textures (especially of that heart) and the depth of colour are glorious! A stunning make, Tracy!
Alison x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claudine said...

This is just wonderful, love the house and everything about it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

these Sam Poole houses are everywhere I look! Very popular! Love your use of them on the canvas here...colorful and that heart is textural fun! Beautiful!

Alison said...

Fabulous canvas Tracy, great colours & I love the textured heart!
Alison x

Sue said...

Wonderful canvas Tracy, I didn't realise you could colour tissue paper this way, so thanks so much for that x

Unknown said...

Fab canvas, I adore the colours you have used and love the way dylusions inks work so well with distress inks? Great sentiment. Maddy x

hazel said...

A fabulous canvas Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Redanne said...

This is a real beauty Tracy, love the richness of the colours and also love the way you finished the edges of the canvas too. A x

Lynn Stevens said...

I am so doing th Happy dance right now. Thank you so much Tracy!!

Great take with the stamps. Love the texture you create.
Hugs Lynn

Suzanne C said...

LOvely canvas. The heart texture is amazing with the colors blended.