Friday 1 July 2011

Sassy Style

Time for another DT piece for The Stamp Attic using Wendy Vecchi's A FORM OF ART set of stamps.
I decided to decorate my background using the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints, first coat Little Black Dress, second coat of Crackle Glaze and a final coat of Snowflake to give me my crackle background.
Once I had painted my background I added black machine stitching to the outside edges then adding the text background in black Archival Ink. The bodice was stamped onto white card, cut out and added to my background piece.  I stamped the funky flower (from Wendy Vecchi's Funky Flower Art) onto white card three times, bent slightly to give some shape/dimension and added to the bodice. I added one of Tim's Accoutrements for a little bit of BLING.
I stamped the sentiment onto white card, cut out, sponged the edges with Distress Ink black soot and added to the top of my piece along with one of Tim's Hanger Clips to follow on with my sewing theme. I added a funky flower to the top left corner, adding a black snap to the centre.
I added three black buttons from my sewing box and cut the spool using the Sewing Room die and added white cotton and a pin to complete.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

9 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful creation

Helen said...

This is wonderful Tracy! Love the colour, the fresco crackle is as stunning as always (love how that stuff works!) and your embellishments perfect.

cheryl said...

oh just love this hun the detail the images,you have used,and the colors are just perfect,hugs cheryl xxxx

Juls said...

just loving everything about this!!! Love how you have used the flower to dress the dress form, and as usual I am just loving all the fabby sewing details!!! Hugs Juls

Netty said...

Beautiful work as ever Tracy. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Suzanne C said...

I love that crackle background finish! Very cool texture. Lovely combination of stamps and elements. The whole thing is beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful monochromatic card - love how you embellished the dress form!

Lynn Stevens said...

Love her little flower petal skirt, darling card!
hugs Lynn

Lori said...

Love this! Great card, Tracy!