Monday 30 May 2011

Red Could Only Mean One Thing............

....................Christmas, sorry for all of those that are offended by this post but as soon as I saw Hels' challenge for The Sunday Stamper was to use RED in your artwork I instantly thought of Christmas LOL.
I coloured a piece of watercolour paper with DI fired brick and from this piece cut the carved ornaments.  The ornaments were then embossed with a hearts folder and highlighted with Adirondack snow cap ink.  I added highlights of leafing flakes to lift the red a little.
The background piece is also embossed with the same folder.  The sentiment is stamped with DI fired brick and is from Outlines.  I added "bauble" using Tim's Newsprint Alpha Parts.  Co-ordinated heart buttons have been added to complete the look.  Must admit this was a challenge making a Christmas card at the end of May, not one I would like to repeat for a while LOL. Enjoy the Bank Holiday, Tracy x x

17 comments:

Sue said...

LOL and there was me thinking it was too soon for Hallowe'en!!!

Artyjen said...

That's one less card to make...think of it that way ;) Thanks for sharing
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

cor blimey, Christmas already!! You are very organised... now you have one made you can do mine for if you fancy lol Thanks for joining in with the SUnday Stamper x

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is a fabulous card!!! I have never, ever, even once gotten to.... let's say.... December 20th, and been able to say "I AM DONE!" - So no, it's never too early for Christmas, LOL! Love the techniques you've used, too - quite festive.

Helen said...

I forgive you for using the Christmas word in May because this is so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Christmas!! Oh well, never too early to start I guess and this is one hell of a way to start, fabulous!!!

craftytrog said...

Wonderful card Tracy! I love those baubles! I started making one card a week in January! Lol! xx

Carol Q said...

aaaaaaaaaaaagh! having got that over with - lovely card Tracy.

Barb Cady said...

Christmas? Why not? especially with a card this striking!x

Emma Williams said...

My favourite time of year and it's never too early to start Christmas cards, especially when they're as good as this...such a wonderful card, Tracy!
Hope you had a good Bank Holiday...
Love Emma xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Lovely baubles, Tracy! And one Christmas card less to make for you in a few months lol ;))! xx

G Peplow said...

Naughty naughty, Christmas Tracy how could you:0) Lovely card, lots of gorgeousness, real gold no less, love it :0) xxx

Juls said...

fabby!!!! Love the guilding detail!! ...... P.S, loved your article in CS mag, an amazing work of art! Hugs Juls

fatmonica said...

That's a great Christmas card!

Lynn Stevens said...

Tracy, Just think what a head start you have for Christmas! I call that good planning. Love the extra touches of gold too.
hugs Lynn

Nigel said...

Chr*****s!!?? We haven't even had summer yet! (or did I miss it when I blinked?)

Nice card though, even if it is waaayyy too early.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Although we have just got our summer weather and really not ready to go to Christmas. :)