Monday 25 April 2011

Felted Florals

I have been spring cleaning for the past week but really needed a break for a little creativity so I created a card for The Play Date Cafe challenge.
I decided to create some felted flowers using a basic circular shape.
The colour story this week at The Play Date Cafe is inspired by Cath Kidston, chosen by Julie Ranae, great colour combination but not one that I can say I use very often, probably as I am more of an earthy tone kinda gal.
Felted flowers add so much dimension and texture to a card, I love them especially when accompanied with machine stitching.
I have stamped my leaf onto a gardening book page.  A simple card to make but so therapeutic. Right back to the spring cleaning and a little gardening after my quick fix of crafting.  Enjoy what is left of your Easter break, Tracy x x

16 comments:

Tracey said...

VERY very cool Tracy!!! PERFECT use of the PDCC colours! Thanks for joining us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love those flowers Tracy, I have a thing for felt! The colours are not necessarily my usual colours either, but you've made a great card, and I am a Cath Kidston fan. Judith xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the dimension of your beautiful felted blossoms!

Gez Butterworth said...

Very pretty card :) Lovely flowers. Good luck with your spring cleaning :)

Jayne C said...

Think your flowers are AMAZING!!!!! :) xx

Lori said...

Ooo, love those flowers, and those colors are GORGEOUS!

Zue said...

Glad you took a break from the Spring cleaning! This is lovely, Tracy!
Sue xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tracy,I absolutely adore these sweet, circular, touchable flowers! It's so nice to see you again at The Play Date Cafe. I always like to see what you do. :)

Carol Q said...

LOVE those Tracy!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love those gorgeous home-made flowers, Tracy, they're just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous flower, Tracy! I love your use of the PDCC colours.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Very cool flowers - they sure do add a lot of dimension, don't they? Great to see you playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Michele Gross said...

Really fabulous! Love all that texture :) Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Libby Hickson said...

LOVE this!! What gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVIN' those textural blossoms, Tracy! Gorgeous take on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful blossoms. Love the texture and the look! Lovely!