Wednesday 11 August 2010

Oh Alice

I have been following Lynne Phelps' blog for a while now and I am always inspired by her work and attention to detail.  Lynne is on the DT for the Oh Alice Blog so I thought I would give it a go and try something a little different.  The challenge this week is White Wonderland, to produce a piece of art that is all white apart from the main image panel.
I recently purchased some Graphic 45 papers from The Stamp Attic and have used a sheet of those for the central panel.  I have stamped the Alice image in StazOn timber brown onto white card stock and added a little skirt embellished with tiny hearts.  I have added a sentiment and embellishments to complete the central panel.  I have cut out small white hearts and embossed them in a Cuttlebug folder and framed the main image with them, added a few punched flowers and a little bling to complete my entry.  It was great fun using some different images, thanks Lynne for the inspiration.  Tracy x
 Pop over to the Oh Alice blog and check out some wonderful entries and great inspirational ideas.

15 comments:

Sue said...

Yeh!!! You did Alice! Knew I would convert you LOL it looks great, love the embossed hearts!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! I have those papers but not used them yet, no Alice stamps, so prob need to go shopping...

Netty said...

Tracy your White Wonderland is brilliant it really shows off the images and you have used some great textures there which really compliment it. Love it. Annette x

Cath Wilson said...

What a great idea! The white is just stunning and very feely touchy.

Zue said...

Hi Tracy
The embossed hearts are a great idea and look really textural. Isn't white fun to work with? Those Alice papers look really the business, must get hold of some.
I love Alice's skirt, the way you have done it.
Sue A xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabulousa card... loving the Alice theme.. and those Graphic 45 papers may just have to come and live with me LOL x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

What a FAB piece, I luv the paper you used, and how it all goes together on the FAB white bg!

Lynne Phelps said...

Tracy, I am so THRILLED that you are playing along with us this week! It was a fun challenge that really pushed me to a new place and now you, too! Thanks so much for the lovely comments about my blog, it is so nice to know the effort of a new blogger are appreciated, and goodness knows your lovely creations inspire me! Thanks again for joining us at Oh, Alice!!!

Lynne Phelps said...

Forgot to add how much I love the papers and the long-necked Alice, and the details are great - love the little hearts on her skirt, and the sentiment is perfect for the images! LOVE it!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a stunning card! I love the papers and image you chose! I love how the white frames these gorgeous colors! Beautiful job!
Thanks for playing along with us at Oh, Alice!
hugs, margie

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Tracy, I partiularly love the white hearts and flowers, isn't it amazing how wonderful plain white can look........

Juls said...

wow!!! Just so creative! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Sammi said...

Awesome creation! LOVE that paper!!
Thanks for playing along at Oh, Alice! with us this week!
Sammi
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, this is lovely. I have the 'Alice' papers and they are lush aren't they? S xx

Lynne Phelps said...

Tracy, I featured this on The Altered Alice at http://alteredalice.blogspot.com/2010/10/curioser-and-curioser-alice.html
Hope you will blog about being featured and about The Altered Alice! Thanks ever so for letting me share your stuff!